• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeREG - update 10 March 2008

Database updated 10 March 2008: There are now 4,227,209 records available
    2,360,515 baptisms,
    683,045 marriages and
    1,183,649 burials
    But they still don't say what the database additions are, anywhere that I can see.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

It's a nusiance they don't let people know what has been updated. I suppose their philosophy is 'do another search and see if anything comes up'.

It would be nice to know what the updates are so you're not going over old ground though.

Comment

I think their priority at the moment is getting the database loaded and then further down the line they will get the chance to pretty up the search site.
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

If their priority is to get the database uploaded, then they are going to take many, many years to get it finished!!!!

I offered to do Isle of Wight Parishes, but they still haven't managed to get them for me and it's now 15 months since I first contacted them.

There are so many Counties that haven't been touched yet. They need to get organised.
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I see they've added Soundex to the search, which should be very useful.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
          X