Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you read this?

Please Note....
    Assuming that the only way to post a picture in a thread is by using photobucket - of which I have just joined and hopefully done things right and the picture will appear below (fingers crossed!) :o

In which case, I would be very grateful if anyone can please tell me what they think the cause of death is on this 1891 Certificate?

Dawn

It's phthisis pulmonaris (tuberculosis).

Pronounced Tie-sis.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Sorry for delay, knock at the door. Thanks John for your reply. Can you make out what else it says beneath?
      Dawn

Comment

Phthisis
        7 months
        Certified by
        W Fenn Godwin
        FRCP
        Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I agree with Christine

phthisis (pronounced tysis, another word for TB of the lungs) 7 months (ie the length of time he had been diagnosed with this, he may - and probably had - been suffering for some time).
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

I'm in bad need of an eye test! lol Thanks very much Christine.

Oh and thanks Nell.
            Dawn

Comment

Working...
            X