when cursor"freezes"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when cursor"freezes"

good morning...for the last 3 days whilst online,my pc`s cursor has just froze on some sites...is there a way of releasing it,or do i have to switch everything off and start again?...its frustrating..just had to restart computer AGAIN.....allan:(:(:(ADDED
    just realised,should this thread have been posted on "computer help"?.allan
    Last edited by garstonite; 12-03-08, 06:43.
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

my does it at times. but as mine is usb i just pull it out and then plug back in. when i had a normal mouse i had to turn pc off.
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

thanks mummy...thats handy to know....how much is a mouse with a usb?....its worth investing in one to save the "frustration"...lol...allan
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

surely all mouses have to plug in somewhere and most are usb.

Comment

When my cursor froze I usually only had to fiddle with the ball on the mouse. Sometimes there was dirt in there and I had to take the ball out and 'defluff' it. I have a trackball now and the same applies - if the cursor freezes I just take the ball out and replace it, sometimes removing a bit of fluff on the contacts. I've never had to resort to restart my computer from scratch for this problem.

Comment

Yes its usually dirt on the bottom of the mouse or the ball thing that does it.

If you mean EVERYTHING freezes rather than just the cursor, you could try pressing Ctrol Alt and delete all at the same time - that will bring up a box showing you what program is not responding and you can exit from it.

Comment

thankyou all....i`ve now learnt a little more...and my wife will be happy as well...she gets more agitated than i do...lol...allan;)

Comment

Working...
              X