Scan Documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scan Documents

I have just scanned five pages of Text to my pc and saved it to Word. Problem is page six is a list of figures which are important to the content of the book. Any advice how I can scan these on to my PC please as the page appears blank when saved to Text. My only other options are various image files jpeg etc.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

I usually scan and save things as pdf. You can't alter pdf's so if it is to add to or alter pdf is not the option you want.

Comment

Problem is page six is a list of figures which are important to the content of the book.
      Hi Margaret,

When you say 'figures', do you mean diagrams, maps, drawings, etc... or some sort of lists or tables? In the first case, it would make sense to save them as one or more image files (e.g., JPG or TIF) - it sounds like you have this option, and it's quite simple to then insert the image into your Word document. If, however, they are some sort of formatted text - and if your OCR (optical character recognition) doesn't have an option to save them as such - then I see two options. Either save them as an image (as above) - you'll be able to read them, but not edit them; or, create one or more new tables in Word and then transcribe the contents.

Hope this is clear -

Tim
      "If we're lucky, one day our names and dates will appear in our descendants' family trees."

Comment

Thank you for all the idea's. This is a long Till Listing that I need to edit to explain to people what various totals etc mean.
        Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

NUDGE - for any other ideas please
          Margaret N

Comment

Working...
          X