Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with a marriage please..

I have the birth cert of Jane Bradshaw,

29/4/1843, father William Bradshaw, mother Abigail Holt Bradshaw formerly Cooper.

I,m trying to find the marriage of William and Abigail and all I have come up with is.....
    From Lancsbmd...Abigail H Cooper, William WOOD St.Wilfred,Standish Wigan & Leigh C28/1/161 1840.
    Any ideas please..

On the 1851c, HO107; Piece: 2199; Folio: 516; Page: 35, it just says Wigan as birthplace.
    Last edited by Northern Light; 10-03-08, 12:12.

]

I'm confused! Surely you have already found the marriage entry?

Comment

Oops, sorry, just read that again!

Comment

Merry Im confused too and goggle eyed..surely they couldnt mistake Green for Bradshaw?

]

Comment

If you think that is definitely Abigail, then maybe William didn't always have the name Bradshaw? Possibly he was illegitimate, but used his father's surname either on the marriage or on the census and the other surname for the other events, if you see what I mean?! Quite a few of my rellies have done such things!

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Light View Post
            Merry Im confused too and goggle eyed..surely they couldnt mistake Green for Bradshaw?
            Green?? Where did that come from??

*goes for a lie down*

Comment

Thanks Merry, I do see what you mean and it is possible. I havent come across anything like this before so hadnt thought about it!

]

Comment

PMSL Merry, Im sorry its WOOD, goes for a lie down and takes a bottle..:D

Greens the col of my face cause there making me sick lol

I think this is them on the 1841c.
                HO107; Piece 523; Book: 2; Civil Parish: Wigan; County: Lancashire; Enumeration District: 3; Folio: 9; Page: 9; Line: 2; GSU roll: 306909. They have a 2 month old Mary with them but shes not on the 51. That possibly made the marriage around 1839 or 1840?
                Last edited by Northern Light; 10-03-08, 12:24.

]

Comment

Maybe if you get that marriage certificate, there will be a mention of Bradshaw somewhere on it, a witness or even William's father's name, to confirm it's the right couple.
                  KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                  (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Kite, I have just found the marriage on Lancs OPC and the witness are

Witness: Richard Bradshaw; James Darbyshire, I am sure its the right marriage now, thanks..

]

Comment

Hello

This is the Railway Bradshaws marriage, isnt it?
                      -in 1839?
                      Wife was born a Darbyshire - father an architect? Darbyshire?

Looking for connections for another Bradshaw I found:

George Bradshaw - of Railway timetable fame - (July 29, 1801 – September 6, 1853) was born on 29th July 1801 at Windsor Bridge, Pendleton, Salford, Lancashire

only son of Thomas Bradshaw, by his wife, Mary Rogers.

He married, on 16 May 1839, Martha, b 1818 Warrington daughter of William Darbyshire of Stretton, near Warrington, and left a son, Christopher.

He was member of the Society of Friends. Died in Oslo.

I found lots more but you are probably there by now!

Colin

Comment

Hi Colin,
                        Welcome to Family Tree Forum.
                        This is quite an old thread and Northern Light hasn't logged in for some time.
                        It may be better to send her a personal message (click on her name to do this) and providing she hasnĀ“t changed her email address then she will receive an email notification of your message.
                        Elaine

Comment

Working...
                        X