Thank you for posting info on the poole famliy history fair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you for posting info on the poole famliy history fair

i was looking thougth the site last weekend and found that the fair was for yesterday.

so off I went and and grand time.

I did feel quite young! there were some lovely helpful people there.

iIbought quite a few books that were on offer and a cd and that was a lot cheaper than on line.

I have no famliy in dorset so thought it was not worth join the dorset fhf but they told me wrong! They told me they did coach trips and courses but I had spent all my mone by ths time I found this out so will have to take that up later.

thanks so much for advertise this because I never even saw it the local paper.
    the car park did look quite full so they must have advertise it some where.

thanks again
    tink
    wye surrey/london/birmingham
    lawrence/laurence berkshire/london/norfolk
    hall harrison cook/e pratt surrey
    ebbage maltby pratt norfolk
    herbert pratt yorkshire/hampshire
    armstrong/rickinson/harrison/beddington yorkshire

Glad you enjoyed it Tink, I was thinking about going but chickened out of the hour & a half journey at the last minute.
    I don't know how far you travel but the next SW fair is Plymouth on Sat Mar 29th & I will be there for sure.
    Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

i live in bournemouth so it was it was easy to get too

I wont make to Plymouth too far for me

i just so please i went as i saved so much in postage and there were some good offers there

I love sening what all fhf did and differet between them.

i was wondering if anybody else goes to these ?
      tink

i
      wye surrey/london/birmingham
      lawrence/laurence berkshire/london/norfolk
      hall harrison cook/e pratt surrey
      ebbage maltby pratt norfolk
      herbert pratt yorkshire/hampshire
      armstrong/rickinson/harrison/beddington yorkshire

Comment

Hi Tink,

I had really wanted to go, but had to work this weekend, in fact I've had to work every weekend there has been one in Poole for the last 5 years! The Dorset FHS seem to do some interesting courses, and have been temped to do one or two, but lack of organisation on my part means I never get the time off work. Perhpas this year I'll keep my ear to the ground and manage to get to something!

They seem quite an active bunch and in the last couple of years have moved to larger premises, so they must be doing something right.
        Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

Working...
        X