cant find the 2nd marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant find the 2nd marriage

Just spent the last few days scrolling through the parish records on line trying to recover some of the info that I had previously gathered but lost when we had to delete the comp and re-install windows.!!!!
    Cant seem to find it anywhere. It was an Albert James SMITH widower married another widow. I know it was early 1900's and either Gravesend or DArtford areas. Have gone through all the ones that cover the timescale but it seems to have disappeared. I have the date of his first marriage as that appears on freebmd but cant remember his 2nd wifes name.
    first wife ELizabeth Gibson.
    If somebody has access to the marriage index that would cover this area and timescale then I can find the parish entry again.

How early in the 1900's?

These are the only two Albert J Smiths in the districts you mentioned, after 1901m showing on FreeBMD:

Marriages Jun 1917

Peake Iris I A Dartford 2a 1127
    Smith Albert J Dartford 2a 1127

Marriages Sep 1922

Gilchrist Elizabeth H Dartford 2a 1660
    SMITH Albert J Dartford 2a 1660

Comment

thank you, I will take a look at those 2 dates again. First name does not ring any bells but the 2nd one may be her married name.

Comment

Thank you. I just found it. It was Elizabeth Harriet Gilchrist nee Chapman.
        Phew, better print it out before I lose it again
        Thank you

Comment

Working...
        X