Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1837 census penistone,yorks,look up please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1837 census penistone,yorks,look up please?

yorkshire look up please in penistone 1837 census.
    i am looking for my 3 x g grandmother Margery Kay b 1827 .her mother was supposed to be Harriet Kay...which,presumably makes Margery illegitimate.any info on either would be appreciated.Margery married James Williamson about 1843....he was from Hyde,but their children were born in Glossop.thanks.allan;)
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Sorry Allan.......do you want a 1841 lookup?

Comment

The 1841 census shows a Margry Kay (Ancestry transcription!) born c 1826 living in Penistone, Yorkshire with George Kay, aged 15, Charlotte Marsden aged 28, Sarah Marsden aged 20 and Henry Wagstaff aged 10

HO107; Piece 1324; Book: 8; Civil Parish: Penistone; County: Yorkshire; Enumeration District: 11; Folio: ; Page: 1; Line: 24;

Not sure if she is yours!
      Elaine

Comment

thanks libby/elaine...i`m sorry elaine,but i can`t answer that...i presume in a village like penistone,its my rellie...if george is her brother,that would make them twins??...allan
        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

Can't find a suitable Harriet. There are a couple of maybes, but one is married and has a 15 year old with her (not Margery).

Comment

Is this the marriage of James and Margery? (from freeBMD)

Marriages Jun 1851
            Kaye Margery
            Williamson James
            Hayfield vol 19 page 581
            Elaine

Comment

Found Margery on IGI but couldn't find a George born to Harriet round the same time.
              With Experience comes Realisation

Comment

In 1851 Margery Kay, b c1825, Penistone, Yorkshire is an inmate at the Glossop Union Workhouse - so the marriage in 1851 2nd quarter would probably fit.

HO107; Piece: 2152; Folio: 165; Page: 43
                Elaine

Comment

thankyou girls....yes ,thats the marriage..a little puzzled though..Charlotte Williamson(my 2 x g grandmother) was b in 1851...but i have a Charles Williamson b 1844 as the eldest child...this would make margery 18 when she had charles..would charles have been born and lived in the workhouse for 7 years???...allan..ADDED...shaz..does it have margery`s mother as Harriet on igi?...allan

Comment

There is a Charles Kay aged 6, therefore born c1845, living with Margery in the Workhouse - so presume he was an illegitimate child who took the name of Williamson following the marriage in 1851.

Charles was born Glossop, Derbyshire.
                    Elaine

Comment

Yes Allan although spelt Hariet

Comment

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
                        .does it have margery`s mother as Harriet on igi?...allan
                        From the IGI (free to view at FamilySearch.org - Family History and Genealogy Records)

MARGY KAY
                        Christening: 1 October 1826 - Penistone, Yorkshire.
                        Mother Hariet Kay
                        Elaine

Comment

thankyou both...just been on igi...hariet kay as mother....so would you presume that margy was illegitimate as well as charles?........i`m not going to find my 4 x g grandfather then am i?...lol...allan:D:D

Comment

Charles seems to be with Margy in Glossop in 1851 and he is a Kay.

Comment

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
                              .......i`m not going to find my 4 x g grandfather then am i?...lol...allan:D:D
                              It's not looking too hopeful!
                              Elaine

Comment

thanks shaz...well thank you all for your help...but i think i`ve come to a bit of a standstill on margery/harriet now.....don`t think i`ll ever find their fathers...if anyone has any tips on how to find harriets parents,please advise me.....regards...allan

Comment

Working...
                                X