rugby,cornish history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rugby,cornish history

My missus side of the family has a bit of history with cornish rugby,i'm going to check a few old local papers soon,but was wondering if anyone knows of a good site to check out.
    I've tried googling cornish rugby history without much luck i'm afraid.
    "As if by magic the shop keeper appeared"

Any names? Places?
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Try this one alanjohn. Might take a bit of reading but it seems very interesting.

Rugby Football History

Could someone please move to the wiki. It could be of interesr to some as lots of names are listed. Thankyou.

Comment

i will -
        **wonders where to file it**:o

erm...where would you look for it???
        Jess

Comment

Jess not sure if you have put the link in the wiki but to answer your question, I went to search for sport , nothing there, so went to General history no specific reference to sport but looked in uncatigorised (? spelling) and there it was. Thankyou if it was you.

But when I searched for sport I was offered the oppurtunity to create the category not that I would attempt to just in case I muck the whole system up ( I know coward that I am)

Comment

I guess a Sport category would be a good idea, for folk to find out where to look up possible sporting ancestors.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Nell View Post
              Any names? Places?
              Sorry.yes,Jackson was the surname and the place was Camborne,or Redruth,in Cornwall.

Comment

Camborne RFC - The Cherry & Whites - An Gwary Ha Tra Nahen

Just found this and a Fred Jackson gets a mention for 1908 is that him???

Comment

Camborne and Redruth are both very illustrious Cornish rugby clubs. Perhaps he played for both of them?

Comment

that's why i'm a bit surprised there isn't more information online,like you said it is very popular down here.
                    I looked at Fred,i haven't come across a Fred so far in the tree,but there may be some connection,the one thing that is frustrating me is i bought a couple of book's on Redruth last year and i'm certain there was a bit on Rugby which mentioned a Jackson,but can i find it?Nope!

Comment

Working...
                    X