Surrey S W Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surrey S W Help Please

Hi--- I am doing the hard slog to find the deaths of Frances Amelia Joy and her husband John Edward Joy. I have one for John 2nd quater 1946 it states John - 86 -Surrey S W Can anyone please tell me what towns that covered in the 1940's
    Thanks a lot
    Sheila
    walking cat.gif
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

Surrey South Western Registration District

It is pretty much the area around Farnham, Guildford and Haslemere.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Bear in mind that the deaths might not have occurred where you expected - perhaps over the reg district border in a hospital for instance. If the name and the age are right you might have found the right entry.
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Little Nell, I have been told by my Aunt's that John E Joy Died in St. Georges Hospital Tooting. What is the District for Tooting please ??????. John and Frances/Fanny had lived around Wandsworth all there life
        Can you help please
        Sheila

Comment

Tooting is a suburb of Wandsworth in South London.

Tooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You'll find most places in Wikipedia. It's fairly good like that.

Comment

Gee!!! Libby that was fast, and I had hoped for a 5 min: break LOL well back to the grind stone
            Sheila

Comment

Wandsworth (Tooting) used to be part of Surrey, it is now part of Greater London, but it wouldn't surprise me if he lived in Surrey but died at St Georges as it is a large and well established hospital
              Vikki -
              Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Going back to Surrey South-West, the border with Hampshire is extremely close. Farnham is in Surrey but Aldershot is in Hampshire.
                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

WOW it seems to me as if they keep changing the goal posts, What chance do we have

Comment

Bear in mind that at one time the London area was divided between Middlesex to the North of the river and Surrey to the South. Then gradually as London grew some of those Counties moved to become parts of Greater London.
                    Grampa Jim passed away September 2011

Comment

Hi I used to live in Sw Surrey, it also includes Godalming as well. If the death is completely out of the area from where the person lived he may have died in one of the hospitals outside Milford (my home village) one of them ~ Milford Chest Hospital used to have people from London suffering from TB, if my memory is correct.

Teresa

Comment

Working...
                      X