Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

installing software for digital camera, PROBLEMS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing software for digital camera, PROBLEMS!

My computer guru is away for a few days, and I am having trouble with connecting my new camera to my computer.
    Disc goes in, installation is completed, insert camera - new hardware found - THEN it all goes wrong.
    little thingy says problem with installation.
    Installation Wizard box appears.
    Start that up.
    Another box from Windows appears, saying I have to insert a disc (SP2).

I am worried about doing this, because it says on the disc that it's for reinstalling data etc., so I don't know what it all means.

Can anyone help please? I may just have to wait until Tuesday, which is a shame because I want to crack on with taking photos of churches for the new project
    Sally - Researching amongst others, JOSEPHY; WRIGHTSON; COOPER; GLOVER; DOWNING AND DICKINSON.

Have you tried going on your camera manufacturers website - that way you can check you are using the latest drivers ?

Comment

Build an XP-SP2 Recovery Disc - Expert Help by PC Magazine
      have a look at this

Comment

Thank you both of you for your replies. I am just confident enough to do this on my own!! I am going to have to wait until my computer chappie gets back next week. It's just so frustrating.
        Sally - Researching amongst others, JOSEPHY; WRIGHTSON; COOPER; GLOVER; DOWNING AND DICKINSON.

Comment

Apologies if I'm talking nonsense but do you need to install a disc?

I've just bought a new Sony camera and took some photos with it. I then plugged the USB cable into the camera and the PC (I've got Windows XP so I don't know if that makes a difference) and nothing happened.

OH who was lurking in the background said "turn the camera on" which I did and hey presto the picture wizard came up and I downloaded the photos successfully.

I've just found this link which explains that XP doesn't need extra software to download digital photos although I didn't take the memory card out.

Downloading pictures from your digital camera

Jackie
          Jackie

Comment

Night Owl, I have just spotted your reply, and have printed off the instructions. If this works, then it saves a great deal of hassle and thank you very very much.
            I am hopeless when it comes to computers, and slavishly believe and follow every instruction.

Nope, just tried it and it didn't work - just the same old irritating box asking me to insert the SP2 disc. I will wait for salvation on Sunday!!
            Last edited by sally; 14-03-08, 20:29.

Comment

Working...
            X