William Holland Kidd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Holland Kidd

I have just joined your forum so am a newbe but I am stuck on this man cannot find out when or where he was born have the following information can anyone help?
    From Old Westminister’s book
    Westminster School Admitted on 2nd July 1781

From Register Of Ships East Indian Company
    Sailed on Swallow 1790 Madras and Bengal
    Moored on Swallow 1792 Bristol, Gloucestershire
    Sailed on The City of London 1803 St Helena & Bengal
    City of London Moored 1804
    Sailed on The City of London 1805 Bombay
    Moored on The City of London 1806
    Marriage to Katherine Stephens 28th April 1809 St Bartholomews, London, England

Is there any chance that you could get to see a ship's muster? They will often give a PoB and a DoB (or, at least, an age of joining).

Are there any more school entries which might give a clue - if you can get to see the originals (or images of them)?

Christine

PS - Sorry, I missed out an important bit: - Welcome!
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

william Holland Kidd

Would not know where to get these things from i found this information on Ancestry do you know where i could find these items

Comment

You're in luck!! From BIVRI -

William Holland KIDD - born 16 May 1772, bapt 15 Jun 1772
        Father -John Kidd
        Mother - Beatrice Burslem
        Mother's Father - Samuel Burslem

FHL film 1042308 recorded in Westminster, London. Collection, St James
        Sue

Comment

How did you find this I cannot thank you enough for this great site this within minutes youn found what about 5 people have been looking for for years Thanks

Comment

... and a marriage on Family Search - John Kidds to Beatrice Burslem 22 Jul 1766 at St Clement Danes, Westminster.
            Sue

Comment

Thank you very much for this information
              Renee

Comment

He's really interesting! If you search on The National Archives site "William Holland Kidd" there's a will and two other related documents that you could download for about £3.50 each.
                Sue

Comment

Thaanks again thats brilliant

Renee

Comment

From IGI..

Beatrice mary Kidd..Christening 20 AUG 1807 Saint Mary-St Marylebone Road, Saint Marylebone, London, England
                    Father WILLM. HOLLAND KIDD
                    Mother Cathe

]

Comment

From IGI..

Willm John Kidd, born 16 JUN 1809

Christened 20 JUL 1809 Saint Mary-St Marylebone Road, Saint Marylebone, London, England
                      Parents WILLM. HOLLAND KIDD
                      Mother: CATHARINE

]

Comment

Thanks for all this information. Have now got a copy of his will and will get another 2 documents on Monday you are all very good at this i must say thanks

Comment

There's a picture of St Clement Danes (where his parents married) in the places of worship in the Wiki - see the toolbar above, and I have some more pics of the church you can have if you want to PM me.

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

I mentioned ships musters. I only know about RN ones, which are in the National Archives ("TNA") - I found some there when looking up one of OH's ancestors who served on HMS Victory.

If you get really brave you could try TNA Catalogue. I think there are some hints about how to get the best out of it on the "How To" threads &/or on the Wiki.

This link searches all of Docs Online and A2A indiscriminately:
                              Search | Results

From the menu bar on that page:
                              The National Archives | the Catalogue

Christine
                              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

If you Google "John Kidd" it brings up quite a lot of interesting stuff about his brother who was, it seems a well known academic. Apparently introduced geology to Oxford University!!!
                                If you Google "William Kidd" you get a lot about Capt Kidd the pirate - not yours I don't think!! lol
                                Sue

Comment

I am glad it's not the pirate and have now got a copy of Williams Will and brother John's Oxford DNB would like to thank you all very much for all this information have been stuck on William for about 10 years so am really excited about all the info all of you have given me I cannot Thank you enough

Comment

Working...
                                  X