Anyone find her in 1901

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone find her in 1901

I have been given some information from Barnados ,which says one of my Mullers possibly Elizabeth Emily Muller born 1880 in Holborn was living in Fishersgate Brighton in 1899 and was married.
    I cannot find any marriage that matches ,nor her on the 1901 census any ideas thanks

Fishergate is the name of a road?an area? something else?

( how will we know which is her if she's married without a married name?)
    Jess

Comment

Who else is there to choose from other than Elizabeth Emily?

Comment

I wrote to barnados about sisters taken into care and they wrote back saying the elder brother was married with a child, he was my grandfather, a sister was married and living in Fishersgate Brighton no name given ,have googled and it is a place name ,
        She is the only other sister he had so it must be her.
        I have been told that Barnados are notoriously wrong with dates but as the girls were taken in 1899 and sent to Canada in 1900 the years tally.
        Sorry I wish I had more info, the only thing I do know is my grandfather married under the name Miller and not Muller I have looked under that too.
        I am wondering if the Elizabeth Muller I found married in 1908 in St Pancras is her and maybe they lied to Barnados????

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
          I have been given some information from Barnados ,which says one of my Mullers possibly Elizabeth Emily Muller born 1880 in Holborn was living in Fishersgate Brighton in 1899 and was married.
          I cannot find any marriage that matches ,nor her on the 1901 census any ideas thanks
          Surely if they were sent to Canada in 1900 you wont find them on the 1901 UK census??
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

the sisters were sent to canada not her

Comment

tell us the names of the Mullers- who went where and when
              Jess

Comment

Charles ,my grandfather born 1878 Holborn married 1899
                Elizabeth Emily born Holborn
                Alexander born 1882 Poplar
                Rose 1888 Mile End
                Daisy 1891 Mile End
                Daisy and Rose were the two sent to Canada in 1900 as their father had died in 1892
                The mother according to Barnados Emily Elizabeth nee Kemp born 1857 St Pancras
                had a haf sibling Thomas aged 3
                They are all together on the 1891 census liivng in Mile End except for Daisy who had not been born yet
                Last edited by Guest; 07-03-08, 14:24.

Comment

Marriages Sep 1918 (>99%)

Muller Emily E Gosney Newhaven 2b 527.

SPOUSE NAME - WILLIAM G GOSNEY.

Newhaven is about 10 miles from Brighton.
                  Julie

Comment

hi Julie that does look possible but according to Barnados she was already married when the girls were taken in 1899

Comment

Hmmm

That would make her what 19? i'd look thro the complete marriage index, from 1900 backwards to say 1895? if she DID marry then she will be there?

Just had a look at Emily E. Muller and I dont think she is yours, her parents seem to be a Christian and I forget the other name, but they are living in around Worthing, so it might be her and not your Elizabeth Emily.
                      Julie

Comment

thanks Julie .
                        I am wondering if this Elizabeth I found in st pancras is her , an aunt still alive says she used to be taken to visit her in Hoxton London when she was a girl in the 1930s so if she did marry in brighton she must have come back to the east end some time.

Comment

Val, dont forget that the info from Barnardo's will depend on what they were told by the person placing the children with them - it's a bit like the census returns!

When they sent me info about my Dad, the birth date they'd recorded was a year out - because the family had 'doctored' the facts to make things appear 'tidier' than they were.

So, even if the facts don't tally exactly, it may still be the right person.

Bee.
                          Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
                          COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Comment

hi Bee thanks yes they did get a few dates wrong but as the girls had gone by 1900 and they knew the sister was married , or maybe she wasnt ??? then she would have to have married before 1900.
                            I may get this marriage cert.

Comment

Working...
                            X