Where ever did Harriet Middleton go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where ever did Harriet Middleton go?

Please can you help find my grt grt grandmother Harriet Middleton? born Norfolk 1841

In 1861 she's living with here husband George in Heigham, Norwich-

Class: RG9; Piece: 1220; Folio: 68; Page: 6

In 1871 she's still living in Heigham but with her parents Harriett and John Fitt and some of her children, George is living next door! with his parents-

Class: RG10; Piece: 1821; Folio: 101; Page: 17 and 18

Both families are still there in 1881 but Harriet is missing-

Class: RG11; Piece: 1952; Folio: 89; Page: 27

can't find Harriet on the census or her death

thank you

Caroline...............they are pretty mixed up in 1871. The image looks like Harriett is 80, but there are some Middletons with her. Maybe she was ill.

It wouldn't be George's mother, Harriett Middleton, would it. It also looks like "unmarried" or "widow" rather than married next to her.

I'll have another look at 1881.

Comment

No scrap that. Mum's name is Mary.

Comment

There's a death for Harriett Middleton age 70 in 1909 in Norwich. Doesn't help find her though.

Comment

I think she's 30 but it does look like 80.

Comment

Thanks Libby, that could be her but wonder where she was in between

Comment

Hi Caroline.

Have u seen this

Class RG11 Piece 693 Folio 106 Page 59

She is living in Camberwell Surrey with a Philip Bird. She is listed as his wife, and is a brush maker.

Dont know if l am barking up the wrong tree

Forgot to say this is 1881 census
              Last edited by Pamdidle; 07-03-08, 12:07. Reason: Forgot something
              Pam

Comment

Thank you very much Pam, that sounds very hopeful as she was a brushmaker, will have a look now

Comment

I think it is her, don't know if 'wife' might be a mistake or she was living with him as his wife?! In 1891 Philip Bird marries Mary Henderson and Harriet vanishes again?

Comment

Dont know if these are any good.

1891 census. RG12 piece 3620 folio 6 page 5
                    Living Bradford, Yorks. A Tripe dealer. she has a daughter Amy Martha and a grandson with her. Did she have a daughter with this name.

1901 census RG13 piece 1841 folio 72 page 25.

Living Norfolk as a servant, with a son Edward born abt. 1864 .. Did she have a son who fits this

OR

RG13 piece 641 folio 122 page 2

Living Croydon as mother in law.. did she have a daughter Hannah b. abt 1866
                    Pam

Comment

She didn't have daughters Amy Martha or Hannah as far as I know.

I was also wondering about the one with son Edward but had discounted it as I didn't think she had a son Edward, but thank you Pam for making me look at it again. I have just found his birth - Edward Henry Middleton 1863 Norwich, there is a C Henry Middleton living with Harriet in 1871 born the right year!

so the mystery is almost solved just 1891 to go!

Comment

Working...
                      X