Ancestry.co.uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry.co.uk

I've just been advised that I can no longer renew my subscription as Maestro have decided against automatic renewals. As an alternative card is not an option, does anyone know if there is another site to subscribe to for British census's and BMD please?

Findmypast has a lot of the censuses but I don't think it has all of them yet, and it does have all the BMD's. Not sure if you can pay by Maestro. There is also The Genealogist but you have to be especially careful not to do lookups for anybody else on that one, plus read the terms and conditions very carefully before subscribing.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I think Ancestry allows payment by Paypal or cheque - try e-mailing or phoning them to ask. A lot of people are having this problem, so they must be offering an alternative. I remember somebody on GR saying they also accept top-up cards which you can buy from a lot of shops.

Comment

Could you not ring them and ask if other payment options are available?
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Many thanks for all the suggestions. They don't have any alternatives to credit cards at the moment but are hoping to get Maestro back or sort out an alternative soon, so fingers crossed.

Comment

Lebs - hello and welcome to the forum.

I'm in the same boat as you but can, if necessary, use my husband's Visa debit card to get round the problem. It may be of interest to you to know that people who have phoned Ancestry to discuss the Maestro problem have been offered up to 3 months free membership to give them a chance to sort out an alternative payment method.
            Gillian
            User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Lebs

As Maestro cards are now a problem with many of the major companies, not just on the internet, you may want to sort out an alternative card anyway.

Good luck.

OC

Comment

GR seem to have overcome the problem by accepting payment through Paypal which was fine for me. Can you use Paypal to pay Ancestry subs. I'm going to let mine lapse anyway at the beginning of June when it runs out as we will be away in France until the beginning of July. Maybe I'll get an offer to coax me back ;)
                Pauline
                xx
                OPC Lanlivery, Lanivet & Newquay
                www.mumsiep.tribalpages.com

Comment

Working...
                X