Help needed to find Applegate in 1891, 1901 census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed to find Applegate in 1891, 1901 census

Just tidying up loose ends as I type my tree up...Elizabeth was born in Molland. Her family moved to Ystrad, Pontypridd, Glamorgan.

Elizabeth Bryant BMD Birth: Year of Reg: 1853 Jul q South Molton, Devon married John Applegate Oct q 1873 Pontypridd.

1881 Census Elizabeth Applegate b1854 Devon. Wife
    Spouse: John b1849 Westbury, Wilts. Labourer in brewery.

Address: Back of Ystrad Rd Civil par/sub-reg district: Ystradyfodwg, Glam.
    Reg district: Pontypridd ED, institution: 11

Can’t find them in later censuses or her in BMD death index. I have found his brother, George, and him on earlier census. It is just the 1891 and 1901 I need.

Anyone find them? If you do I'd be grateful for the census image as well as transcript. Many thanks. Liz
    Last edited by Liz from Lancs; 07-03-08, 07:59.
    Liz

Well they are not in England or Wales.

Have you anything to place them there after 1881?

Comment

Elizabeth's family stay in Pontypridd and some of his family in Wilts. Thanks for trying...Liz

Got to sign off now...back this evening.
      Liz

Comment

I found a possible for John in 1891, but the occupation looks a bit too different to be him, plus that John is also on the 1881, but just to save anybody else the bother of checking, it is the John Applegate born Faulkland, Somerset, with wife Ruth at 45 Romilly Crescent, Canton, Cardiff. Back to the drawing board...
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I've checked the John and Ruth. There's also a John and Eliza born Wilts and Devon (opposite way to Liz's) but not them. There is an Elizabeth Applegate in Australia in 1909.

Comment

wonder who this was???

Elizabeth Applegate 1887 Jul-Aug-Sep Pontypridd Glamorgan, Mid Glamorgan

Blokes: John Lewis Williams/John Paul Prosser
            Jess

Comment

Smarty pants...............................better have a look LOL.

Comment

Try the Prosser fellow. I have to go for a half hour.

Comment

Forgot to put Elizabeth Prosser born Devon is in 1901 Wales.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrys mum View Post
                    Forgot to put Elizabeth Prosser born Devon is in 1901 Wales.
                    Blowed if I can see one, nor in 1891!

Yes I can
                    Class: RG13; Piece: 5050; Folio: 8; Page: 7.
                    John born Garway Court, Herefordshire, England

1891 ??
                    Class: RG12; Piece: 4454; Folio 65; Page 61; GSU roll: 6099564.
                    Last edited by Jessbowbag; 07-03-08, 09:11.
                    Jess

Comment

Just ducked back.......this place is addictive. Am I mad???????

1891 Wales RG12 Piece 4454 Foli 65 Page 61

1901 Wales RG13 Piece 5050 Folio 8 page 7

Comment

1901 is interesting. Walter H H P Davies age 2 "adopted son". Fancy name. Has to a story there somewhere.

Comment

can pretty much guess one of the P's stood for Prosser
                          Jess

Comment

Just popped in...glad I gave you something to play with whilst I was at the supermarket (lol). Will just check out some of the refs... Liz
                            Liz

Comment

I reckon you have all cracked it...can't find John Applegate in BMD Deaths but looks like Elizabeth remarried.

Do you want to know something funny? I asked if found to be sent the census etc...I forgot I have a subs. to Ancestry for a few more weeks...

Thanks everyone. Liz

UPDATE: John Prosser was born in Garway. On GENUKI in a directory 1876 for that area, a resident:

Prosser Rev. Henry (vicar of Dulas), Oaklands. Ooooh, do you think it was his love child with a Miss Davies they adopted....
                              Last edited by Liz from Lancs; 07-03-08, 16:26.
                              Liz

Comment

Working...
                              X