Lost bookmarks...help please..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost bookmarks...help please..

I switched on my pooter today, and in the night a gremlin has been in and taken all my bookmarks, I use Mozilla Firefox, and have done for some time now, and never had this problem.

I wanted to go to one of my genealogy sites, so went to bookmarks, and they they were, all gone.

Does any one have any idea what has happened, and what I can do to get them back, in easy to understand language please, you know like "repairs for dummies" style talk, as I'm not at all technical minded at all.

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

regional co-ordinator South West.

If you go to Bookmarks - Manage Bookmarks, what do you get? A blank page?

If so, these instructions should help:

Lost bookmarks - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

Comment

Thanx for that link, I have had a look, and yep you've guessed right, it may as well be in double dutch, as far as I am concerned, so I will ask my son to read it, and see what he can do about it.

See I did say I wasn't at all technically minded....lol

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Comment

Speedy,
        May I suggest that when you do recover your bookmarks that you export them to My Documents and you will have a backup and you can also back them up on a CD.
        Meanwhile, have you tried search, just type in 'bookmarks'? only a thought.
        Good luck,
        Margaret N
        DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Margaret, I am going to save them into my documents when I can get them back, and I will try that search, thanx.

Comment

Working...
          X