Ancestry comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry comments

Has anyone added a comment to a tree on Ancestry? I have found my ggggrandparents on someones tree. They are a 'New member' and I can't contact them. If I add a comment will they get a notification from Ancestry?
    PAT

Not 100% certain, but I believe so.

Comment

Thanks Barbara I will give it a go
      PAT

Comment

I added a comment to a tree, and within days I had a reply. They couldn't help me much, but I helped them!!
        Rita

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/.../User:Nappycat

Comment

Thanks Rita .......I have added the comment not heard anything yet
          PAT

Comment

Sorry if I'm being thick but I have a tree on Ancestry and I usually send a message to potential contacts.

What is the 'adding a comment' mean. I am curious. How do you do this and how would one know if someone has added a comment on your tree?
            Last edited by Guest; 07-03-08, 09:04.

Comment

Glad you asked that Maggie - I have just come back from looking at the trees on Ancestry to try to work out how one leaves a comment!
              Gillian
              User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Hope View Post
                Has anyone added a comment to a tree on Ancestry? I have found my ggggrandparents on someones tree. They are a 'New member' and I can't contact them. If I add a comment will they get a notification from Ancestry?
                Yes, I sent a message via Ancestry after being cinracted by a ' half-relative ' telling me of an entry on someone's tree - they had contacted him. The entry was totally incorrect as they muddled up two people of the same name and gave them wrong marriage partners etc. Ancestry acknowledged the message but I never hears from the person concerned and as far as I know the incorrect data is still there. BTW, told my ' half-relative ' about it and asked him to tell them as he had been contacted originally, so no excuse for them not knowing. Some people just won't be told !!!

Comment

The person who has my rellies in their tree can't be contacted for some reason they have 'Invite' next to their details. I can see their tree and I have left a comment. I don't know if they will get any notification
                  PAT

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Hope View Post
                    The person who has my rellies in their tree can't be contacted for some reason they have 'Invite' next to their details. I can see their tree and I have left a comment. I don't know if they will get any notification
                    Yes but how did you add that comment?

Comment

Underneath the persons details there is a line with add photo, add story etc and add comment
                      PAT

Comment

I had someone add a comment to my tree, saying that they had a lot of information on their line and to contact them. But couldn't find out how to contact them - nothing obvious to click on;

And Ancestry mailed me to let me know this person had added a comment.

Does that mean that if I want to contact them then I also have to add a comment?
                        CAROLE : "A CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK"

Comment

Working...
                        X