Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any advice for changing from Tiscali to Talk Talk Broadband?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any advice for changing from Tiscali to Talk Talk Broadband?

Hi - I am thinking of changing from Tiscali for which pay about £13 per month to broadband with my telephone provider, Talk Talk. I have landline and calls with them. The package with broadband is very cheap.

I have Norton (ya boo) Int. Security via Tiscali which expires in May sometime. I have to give 30 days notice to Tiscali. Will my Norton be okay if I change over before it expires?

Anyone with Talk Talk Broadband? I hear their call centres are at least in UK.

Thanks Liz
    Liz

Hi Liz,
    I'm with Talktalk and have been with them for 20 months or so. There are a few occasions when trying to download my emails keep timing out but other than that I have had no problem with them. My only gripe is paying the extra £10 for "up to 8Mbit broadband", until such time as they update the local exchange. When this occurs I should be paying just the standard charge of £20 for broadband and telephone. Having asked them a few weeks ago when they intended to carry out the upgrade at the local exchange (20 months having passed) they were unable to tell me. The 8Mbits broadband speed paid for barely reaches 4 Mbits when tested so I intend to drop to the lower speed package so saving myself the extra £10 they are charging.
    Paul

Comment

thats interesting Paul I was thinking the same thing
      I was reading a site which said that BT had no intention of unbundling certain lines ever !!!!!!
      Which means some of us will never get free Talktalk .

Comment

Thanks...my local exchange is under 1mb but I manage to get 1mb. I can't always get a connection but reluctant to go slower.

I think I will go for it...Liz
        Liz

Comment

I believe talk talk call centres are in India not UK. At least they were when I was battling to get talk talk broadband set up. I gave up in the end and told them the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Each time I rang I was given a completely different set of instructions.
          Rita

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/.../User:Nappycat

Comment

Oh no.....my pooter pal has misinformed me! Thanks very much. Certainly all the sales lot who keep ringing me sound Indian.

Scared now...Liz
            Liz

Comment

Ive had talktalk since the first week they offered the broadband package. Ive not had any great probs with them apart from the fact I havent got the freebie broadband and it looks like I wont get it for another 3 years or something. But they are fine generally. As mentioned you sometimes get probs with O.E. emails not downloading but I go to the talktalk site and pick them up there if that happens.

Comment

TalkTalk

I have been with TalkTalk since about 5 Months after they started their "FreeBroadband" offer -- to be honest I waited until the glitches caused by the initial over subcribing had been ironed out.
                Before that I was with Wanadoo and had no problems with their service, but the offer was too good to miss.
                TalkTalk have never given me any cause to regret my choice and I have been happy to recommend them to many of my freinds -- go for it -- as they say, it does what it says on the box!!!

Comment

Thanks folks...getting my courage up...Liz
                  Liz

Comment

Working...
                  X