Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can somebody help me out with 1901 please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can somebody help me out with 1901 please?

My George William SMITH b 1804 Northfleet Kent married to Emily and their son George William SMITH b 1868 Sutton at hone married Mary Ann. Just browsing the parish records and found a baptism for a Dora daughter of George William SMITH and JANE. She was born august 1900 baptised nov 1900 in SWANSCOMBE where my lot were from. I need to establish that this is another George William SMITH and not a 2nd marriage for mine. Although I have had all of my details from 1901 so hopefully the husband will be present and not playing away from home.

This ref - Class: RG13; Piece: 706; Folio: 86; Page: 8 - in Swanscombe

has George W SMITH 26 (b Swanscombe) - miller in cement factory, Jane SMITH 26 (b Northfleet), Edna SMITH 2 (b Swanscombe), Dora SMITH 7 mo (b Swanscombe)

There's also a boarder, George CABLE 22 (b Northfleet), stationary engine stoker
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 05-03-08, 18:52.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thank you, was starting to think all sorts then but the age wouldnt fit any of mine so looks like a completely different set of SMITH.

Comment

and of course they all worked at the cement mill where my brother now drives the cement lorries.

Comment

I think CityArk covers this period for Swanscombe, so if you fancy a bit of trawling (and going goggle-eyed into the bargain) you could have a look & see if the baptism is on there, and possibly parents marriage too.
          Vicky

Comment

thats what I have been doing Vicky. Thats when I came across the baptism for Dora and parents George William Smith and Jane. Its amazing what you find when you just browse through those records.

Comment

Working...
            X