Old Crone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Crone

Was browsing Lancs. R.O.and came upon the name Holden.
    Letter from Ralph Holden 19/7/1629.The finding number is DDKE/9/8/21 if it is of any interest to you.
    Fran

Hi Fran

Thankyou, I already have this. But very grateful you have your Holden antennae up, lol!

OC

Comment

You have us all so well trained LOL

I wonder if we can form a support group
      Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

Originally posted by samesizedfeet View Post
        OL

I wonder if we can form a support group
        pmsl!!!

Comment

Hehehe, the Holdens are traditionally very good at getting other people to do their dirty work for them.

It's called delegating, of course.

OC

Comment

*a chipe of ye olde blocke*
            Rose

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
              Hehehe, the Holdens are traditionally very good at getting other people to do their dirty work for them.

It's called delegating, of course.

OC
              So we've noticed!

Ann
              ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
              Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

I have a HOLDEN as a colleague... at least, I think that's her (married?) name, but I'm so lousy with names of people, I'm more than capable of forgetting someone's name in the space of time it takes to introduce them!

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I have an Edmund HOLDEN, who married Elisabeth BIGWOOD, in Sussex, and had at least a dozen children. (Info based on a GR member's tree). Elisabeth was next-elder sister to Joseph, who was my Gx4-g-father.

Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

When it was my turn on the Generation game, they found me a George Holden in Leicstershire, who married into my family. I haven't had chance to investigate it yet though.
                    Lynn

Comment

Working...
                    X