Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic Scottish transcription on Ancestry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Scottish transcription on Ancestry!

Occupation: Gupported To Nis Children Of Prienos Descherged Gerge 92 Boy Joseghtal Meida

I'm guessing it's "supported by his children of previous marriage...." ?

Full marks to the enumerator for getting all the details though!
    Gillian
    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Might be "children of friends discharged" ? Or even "prisoners discharged"?

You pays yer penny....

Comment

Roger - I'm almost tempted to fork out the £1.20 on SP to see what it really says.

One of the ones for which I can see no excuse is framer of x number of acres. That crops up (pardon the pun!) again and again and makes me wonder how small a percentage of transcriptions was actually checked.
        Gillian

Comment

I've got one who is "a farmer of 3 women". In Scotland, not Utah LOL.

I think it is supposed to be men, has a little squiggle that makes it look like "women". Could even be "master" not "farmer". It's one of those where the pen leaked LOL.

Comment

lol Libby
            I think I've known a few men with that occupation!
            Gillian

Comment

Ancestry quite blatantly admit that there are many mistranscriptions, as though it is nothing to do with THEM, lol.

I have been attempting to fathom the new CCC system - customer corrections collection, or some such.

"There is currently no information about this person.Be the first person to submit a correction for this entry"

Erm,EXCUSE ME - I have already submitted a correction for this person, which is now showing. Why have you left it with the main listing of the original incorrect entry? If you LOOK at the image you will see it is clearly WHITTAKER not WHITM, you fools.

OC

Comment

Not sure what their game is,OC.

I have Emily Ariel in 1851 with her husband and children, staying with her parents, the Weaver family.
                Someone has added a alternative name for Emily as Weaver. She was a Weaver, but is defintely an Ariel in that census. What's the point???
                I pointed it out and they wanted my proof.
                Gave them their own marriage record, but that wasn't enough.

Comment

Did someone mention Ariel?;)

I think the growing trend of putting maiden names as corrections is simply confusing.
                  Gillian

Comment

Did you find an Ariel???????????????????????

They're all mine till I decide to give them to somebody else. LOL

Please give me first go.......

Comment

It would be a lot more helpful if it SAID "maiden name Bloggs" rather than just listing it as an alternate name - alternate in what way???

OC

Comment

I thought that there was a specific set of alternative options which weren't corrections, one of which was maiden name.

The idea was to help someone who might have the maiden name, and be searching under it, but not know the married name, I guess.

Christine
                        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                        X