All round the houses!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All round the houses!

What happened, I wondered idly, to Jane A Whittaker, no longer living with her parents after 1861. Far too many Jane Whittakers getting married so I left it.

I traced her mother right through to 1901 when she had two nieces, Lilly and Ellen Crossley living with her.

I traced them both in 1891 and 1881 - ah! their mother was Jane A. Finally found Jane A Crossley in 1871...... newly married and living right next door to her mum and dad,the Whittakers, lol!

(And of course, they were Ellen's grandchildren, not her nieces. Still, you don't want to give too much away to the enumerator, do you?)

OC

OC......next time you find someone, could you keep it to yourself LOL.

I just had a mad idea to try again finding missing Agatha.

Found an Agatha born around the right time and place married to Charles Rumbold in 1863. Traced her forward. Couldn't find her in earlier census. Thought, great.....maybe she remarried and didn't register. NO!!!!!!!!!!!! There she is Agatha Franklyn transcribed as Ellen Agata, sitting at home with mum and dad. And Dad's an MP.

Back to the drawing board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Libby

Wanna hear something REALLY FUNNY?

Took me two solid hours to find this woman and her brood. Went to my TP tree all pleased with myself to enter it in and guess what......

.....I already knew all this and entered it on my tree last November!

*searches for medication*

OC

Comment

I'll throw you some of mine................

Well now you've sorted that, maybe you'd like another go at Agatha???????????

Think I'll run quickly now!!!

Comment

Working...
        X