No announcement yet.

burial records on cheshire cprdb site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burial records on cheshire cprdb site?

hi,can anyone advise me as to whether cprdb burial record
    will have the birthplace record of the deceased?..it has his age ,aged 86/his burial date 23-sep-1828 will it have any other details.?.....regards...allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Burials and deaths don't often carry birthplace info - in England, anyway. I can't think of anywhere where I've seen it.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thanks christine..i thought i was being optimistic...regards...allan
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

okay...i have found his MARRIAGE on cprdb...will that have any birth info?...regards...allan

Comment

Sorry, but again, I've never seen birth info on a marriage entry.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

There was one Bishop who decreed that all the records in his diocese should have lots of genealogical detail but, sadly, he was one of a kind, I think, and not based in Cheshire. From memory, I think it was North Yorkshire and thereabouts - possibly a Bishop of Durham.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thankyou both...it doesn`t seem that i will find out where edward was born in 1742...come to a dead end with this branch i think...regards...allan

Comment

What you might have to do is find people with that name who were born at about the right time, get the names of their parents, brothers and sisters and see if some of those names match the names of the children of your man, to give you a clue as to which ones are possible, also check to see if any of those possible baptisms match up to children who died in infancy so you can rule them out, and if you have some left on your list, look to see if their parents etc left wills because if you can find a will that gives details of your man, then you'll have definite proof of which one he was. Yes, I know, there might be no such will, but it might be worth a try.

Also look on GR, ancestry etc to see if anybody else has him in their tree and see what info they have that might help - though of course you would have to check any info you get that way to confirm it.
                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Was he in a trade that meant he might have been apprenticed?

Could he have appeared in any other documents? Settlement records, say - which might offer a clue?

Have you tried researching along any nearby bits of the family in case they reveal what you're after? While the dates/material wouldn't apply to your case, I'm thinking of how looking at where sisters of OH's direct ancestor were in the 1851 found them staying with maternal grandma, whose name I hadn't had until then. Is there a comparable route you might take?

Christine

Comment

yes christine...his ancestors from canada and australia are convinced he came from lancashire,because he was a miner,and the quarry at Neston(where he married,had children and was buried)brought him there because they needed experienced men....this is what i am trying to find out...i wonder if there would be any records of the quarry?...i`ll google and see...thankyou both for your help....allan

Comment

Allan

But mining and quarrying are two entirely different things!

Lancashire was chock full of coal mines - why would they import quarriers instead?

I would think your best bet is to establish when and how this man travelled to Canada before you do anything else.

OC

Comment

Hi Allan,
                        if he was buried in Neston have you checked for a headstone in the graveyard? Just a slight possibility of a little info??? Once found a clue on one of mine in Ford cemetery which led me back to a village in Ireland - you never know.....I can look in Neston for you if you know where he is buried??
                        ;) Helen x

Comment

thanks helen...i`m led to believe his family church was st helen parish church..
                          oc,i`m sorry if i misled you,but he never went to canada.the contacts in canada and australia ,are his descendants ,and i`m daft aren`t i ...i thought quarry workers were called miners...duh....regards...allan;)
                          Last edited by garstonite; 06-03-08, 06:26.

Comment

Hi Allan,
                            will look over the weekend - I know the churchyard - but need some names please
                            ;) Helen x

Comment

thanks helen..really appreciate this...all born and buried in neston..
                              edward standish b 1742,died 1828 aged 86(6 x g grandfather)
                              edward standish b 1767 ..died??(5 x g grandfather)
                              elizabeth anyon..nee standish ..b 1796..died..??( 4 x g grandmother)
                              thomas anyon b 1795 buried ?? (4 x g grandmother)
                              thomas oakes b 1818 buried??(3 x g grandfather)
                              ellen oakes b 1820 nee anyon, buried?? (3 x g grandmother)
                              any standish members
                              any anyon
                              any oakes..(my surname....i`ll go to cprdb and check edward standish b 1767 and elizabeth anyon nee standish burial dates...be back soon...allan
                              ADDED...my 6 x g grandmother mary standish nee frances b 1743 buried 1827 aged 86
                              ann standish nee foulkes b 1770 buried ??(my 5 x g grandmother)
                              many thanks again helen...regards...allan
                              Last edited by garstonite; 07-03-08, 23:20.

Comment

Hi Allan,

Not really what you were looking for sorry - there were lots of graves that could well have been the rellies you are searching for but they are worn smooth or covered in moss and ivy growth that they are unreadable, most are from local sandstone and don’t take kindly to being cleaned.
                                I found no Standish or Oakes graves but a few Anyons. (The weather was rotten so I may have omitted one or two beloveds or thy will be done’s!! )
                                I have photographed these if you would like them but it will have to be by email later this afternoon, let me know if you want them.

Alfred Clifton Anyon died 16/08/1975 aged 70
                                Wife Ivy died 05/05/1985 aged 75
                                “Mum and Dad”
                                (This grave had fresh flowers and is clearly tended regularly)

Susannah beloved wife of Miles Anyon died 14/04/1897 age 77
                                Miles Anyon died 05/04/1903 age 80
                                (below on separate book-type headstone but on same plot)
                                William Anyon died 20/12/1950 age 65
                                Wife Florence died 15/06/1984 aged 98

(Very Worn)
                                Joseph Anyon b.1895
                                Died 19?? (poss 17 but could be wishful thinking!)
                                Mary born 1??? Died????
                                George killed in ??? war age 19
                                (several lines of missing text)
                                Margaret wife of above died 11th December 1940 aged 76

William Anyon died 29th August 1872 age 52
                                Hannah wife of above died 10th April 1873 age 43
                                Margaret wife of Samuel Anyon died 28/04/1912 age 71 years

Elizabeth wife of Charles Anyon died 27/04/1890 age 32
                                Charles husband of above died 31/07/1944 age 89
                                Daughter of above Gertrude died 10/11/1972 age 89

John Bennett died 12/01/1891 age 84
                                Elizabeth wife of above died 09/02/1898 age 88
                                Also Ann Anyon daughter of above died 03/06/1861 age 31
                                Also Annie Anyon grandaughter of above died 19/02/1895 age 3
                                Also Margaret Anyon died 23/02/1898 age 58
                                Also Thomas husband of Margaret 22/02/1900 age 68 - his last words were “if I fall I shall fall at the feet of Jesus”

Wonder what Thomas was doing to say those final words? ***imagines him balanced on a rooftop***

So maybe someone is related, I hope so.
                                Last edited by Lovettpod; 09-03-08, 08:12.
                                ;) Helen x

Comment

helen..thankyou very very much for your time to go and view the graves...i`ll print off names you`ve given me and check with my gedcom...99%certain william and hannah anyon are rellies,so i`m delighted with that info ...regards...allan:D...ADDED..thanks helen,just checked William Anyon.....my 3 x g grandmothers brother....his sisters g grandson lives in Sante Fe in usa...he will be delighted...is it possible to get a layout of the graveyard from the parish ?...i did get one from st marys in Astley...i`m going to neston later on in the year, i could arrange to pick it up off the vicar....many thanks again...regards...allan
                                  Last edited by garstonite; 09-03-08, 10:11.

Comment

Hi Allan,
                                    sorry only just got back on.....can't believe how I missed it! sad!
                                    I don't know if there is any layout available - sorry, there are no markings on the back of the graves so I doubt if there is a plan as such, you never know though. Do you want photos? Can send them by email - so if you do I will need you addy. Glad to have found something useful !
                                    ;) Helen x

Comment

thanks helen,but i am going to santa fe in july,and before i go,i am meeting up with other `rellies` in neston,so i`ll be taking some photos over ...i appreciate the offer...regards...allan;)

Comment

Ow good I am glad - I am soooo bad at transfering photos LOL!!
                                        ;) Helen x

Comment

Working...
                                        X