Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unknown People photo's. Do You know them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown People photo's. Do You know them?

Whilst clearing out my late Dad's personal belongings..I found my parents old photo album and there are some 14 pictures of people that I don't know.

They could be relatives or just friends of my Mum and Dad. My Mum is in a few of them and it looks like they were taken in the late 1930's early 40's.
    I don't recognise any of the backgrounds at all, so no idea where the pictures were taken.

Mum was born in 1916 in Dublin and moved to England in 1928 and her family settled in Kilburn, London. She used to visit Dublin often (visiting her sister) before she was married in 1947 and then lived in Wiltshire.

Here are my links...if anybody cares to have a look.

UNKNOWN PHOTO'S

tmp48_2008/Unknown people pictures - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

FAMILY PHOTO'S ..Slade, Davis, Pollard, Brady Rooney etc.,

tmp48_2008/Family pictures - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    teresa

I don't know them, but thanks for putting them up, I've some like them, taken in back gardens and in the park, when a day out was spent in the park, lovely little snips of the past.

Comment

im new to this site but found this one and joined then saw these pics. they are great. im hoping someone out there may have some in an oldbox of my missing buckley's from nantwich and around cheshire,as i dont have any at all.well not the buckley side anyway,so it so nice to share wht you have,
      thanx

Comment

Hi Jacki, nice you like my favourite thread too, and if you scroll right to the bottom of the information thread, you'll see photos, there is a 108 year old photo thread on there as well......

Comment

no not anyone i know,thankyou for showing them brenda xxx

Comment

Don't recognize anyone,sorry
            The one in the back garden,is the property slated all over?
            "As if by magic the shop keeper appeared"

Comment

If you are referring to picture No. 12...it's a brick built building.

The lady is my mother but I don't have a clue who the children are.....I live just a street away from where Mum was living before she married my Dad in 1947..All the old houses still here, but I don't recognise this one at all so maybe its somewhere in London.

I remember Mum telling me that she used to work for a family in Chester or Cheshire for a while and they had a child with Downs. Don't know if these children could be part of that family.

All of these 'unknown photo's' I had printed off from the negatives back in the 1960's and of course Mum did go through them and told me who they all were...but she never wrote the info on the back...and I can't remember who the heck thay are as I was a teenager at the time!!

One photo she did destroy though...her ex fiancé! 'Paddy' somebody.

I could have been a full blooded Irish person instead of just half Irish!
              teresa

Comment

Originally posted by kathsgirl.48 View Post
                If you are referring to picture No. 12...it's a brick built building.

The lady is my mother but I don't have a clue who the children are.....I live just a street away from where Mum was living before she married my Dad in 1947..All the old houses still here, but I don't recognise this one at all so maybe its somewhere in London.

I remember Mum telling me that she used to work for a family in Chester or Cheshire for a while and they had a child with Downs. Don't know if these children could be part of that family.

All of these 'unknown photo's' I had printed off from the negatives back in the 1960's and of course Mum did go through them and told me who they all were...but she never wrote the info on the back...and I can't remember who the heck thay are as I was a teenager at the time!!

One photo she did destroy though...her ex fiancé! 'Paddy' somebody.

I could have been a full blooded Irish person instead of just half Irish!

sounds like my mum's family album's,i've asking my older cousin to put a few names with the face's
                "As if by magic the shop keeper appeared"

Comment

Working...
                X