Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little squares of colours instead of pics - what does it mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little squares of colours instead of pics - what does it mean?

On some sites instead of viewing images I get little boxes of blue and red - what does that mean? Do I need to add a program to my puter please?

Hi Heather,
    I fairly certain it's when you cannot view the image or, the link to the image is missing from their site. I'm not sure why that happens. It may be worth checking to see what images your web browser is set up to view. How you check this will also depend on which browser you use.

Paul

Comment

Heather, This is because the images have been created by another programme and while they have a jpeg ext. it is not quiet compatible with the newer programme that you are using. I had a lot of these when I changed my PC and finally manged to open all but six by trying all the windows options plus the camera programme and the printer programme. The worst ones to open and I failed on were some created and saved with a PC Rom programme that cost about £9.99 and they just had a strange extention.
      So try Paint, Picture Manager, a Camera programme or Printer Programme and Google Picasa is a possibility.
      Just an after thought, click on the icon and then properties and remove any check marks that may help.
      Good Luck
      Margaret N
      DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Working...
      X