Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone with an Ancestry World/Australia sub do me a convict look-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone with an Ancestry World/Australia sub do me a convict look-up?

Still researching Benjamin Sparkes, the machine breaker who featured in last month's magazine.

I've come across a couple of references on Ancestry that I don't think were there last time I looked, when I could still access the Australian databases.

In New South Wales and Tasmania, Australia, Convict Pardons and Tickets of Leave, 1834-1859 there are three references for a Benjamin Sparkes who arrived in 1832 on the Planter, and I should be interested in details of his pardon and ticket of leave (I have brief details from other sites, but I'm hoping there's more info here).

New South Wales and Tasmania, Australia, Convict Pardons and Tickets of Leave, 1834-1859 - Ancestry.co.uk

I'm particularly interested that one of the records seems to relate to Tasmania, because I didn't know he'd been there; his conditional pardon was issued in NSW, and I've never found him after that.

If anyone with an Ancestry World or Aus sub has time to have a look, I should be very grateful.
    Last edited by Mary from Italy; 04-03-08, 12:54.

HI Mary

I've checked all three and they are for the same man with the same info on each sheet. The style of the images differ but the info on them is the same

Benjamin Sparkes got life tried 24 March in Coventry Ass', Warwickshire

The first one in the Ancestry covered New South Wales 1846 - 1849

Now the second one in that Ancestry list that mentioned Tasmania covered the years 1840 to 1842

The third one in that Ancestry list covered New South Wales 1842 - 1845

I could send you copies of all three though if you want them.
    Last edited by WendyP; 04-03-08, 14:00.
    WendyP

Comment

Have you thought of trying this link?

State Records NSW - Online search

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Wendy - if that's all the information they contain, I think I must have already seen them, but didn't notice the mention of Tasmania. I don't suppose they specify the date of the ticket of leave?

I already have brief details of the ticket of leave from the SAG site (but no date) and of the conditional pardon from the NSW State Records site that Christine linked to, but I was hoping there might be more on the Ancestry images.

If there is any more detail I should love to have copies of the images, but if not, there's no need. Thanks a lot for looking.

Comment

HI Mary

No specific date is shown just the date range I posted which is not on the actual image. The date range is within the subtitle of the database.
          WendyP

Comment

Working...
          X