Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry Milbank/Millbank

I have Henry Mil/Millbank born c 1849 in Henham Essex. In 1851 he is here,
    HO107; Piece: 1706; Folio: 242; Page: 18 in Henham as a nursechild, the image looks like it says illegitemate, underbed, maybe someone could confirm.

In 1861 he is here ,RG9; Piece: 345; Folio: 37; Page: 21 in Newington Surrey, in the household of William and Eliza Millbank and classed as nephew.

After this I lose him and can find no trace. Can anyone see if they can see him from 1871 onwards.

Thanks.

I'm sure it doesn't say "underbed" but I'm not sure what it does say. It is written in a different hand from the rest anyway, so it was probably added by the person who was tabulating the statistics to show that "illegitimate" was not counted as an occupation.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I had visions of this poor child being in a box under the bed or something.LOL

Comment

Possible deaths:

Mar 1863 Henry Millbank Portsea Hants (no age given because it's before they added age to the death indexes)
        Mar 1877 Henry Millbank Medway Kent age 27

Think I've found a possible for him in 1871 in Suffolk as a servant:
        RG10; Piece: 1777; Folio: 31; Page: 3;
        Age is out by a couple of years and birthplace is something like "Sealing Essex" - need an Essex expert to decipher it!

This is really one of those cases where you need to keep a list of all the Henry Mil(l)banks on each census so you can rule some of them out, isn't it?!
        KiteRunner

Comment

Looking back at the 1861, we can rule out that "Sealing" one because he is on the 1861 with his parents, born Gt Saling.
          KiteRunner

Comment

The "underbed" bits says "undescribed"

Comment

Thanks Merry, can see it now that you say.

Comment

Working...
              X