Small mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small mystery

Daniel (Dan) BARRINGTON married Patience CROMPTON in 1884 at Clayton St Cross (Manchester).

A sub entry gives a daughter Susannah baptised 20 September 1885, same church, parents Dan and Patience Barrington.

In 1891 Susannah Barrington aged 6, is living with her Crompton grandparents in Droylesden, Lancs and she is with them again in 1901.

Dan and Patience have vanished from the face of the earth. I have checked the full death indexes from 1884 to 1895 and found nothing. I have checked 1891 and 1901 with various combinations of the names and no surnames - nothing.

I can only assume they emigrated. Does anyone have access to World Ancestry please?

Daniel Barrington born 1863, Manchester, Lancs, a clogger in 1881.

[They are only a twig branch, but the less I can find them, the more I want to!]

OC

There are a couple of trees on Ancestry which include this couple - although there is not info as to what happened to them after their marriage.

One of the trees (on Ancesty OneWorld Tree) gives another child, Albert b 1887 Manchester. Are you aware of him? I'll see if I can find him in the 1891 census.
    Elaine

Comment

1901 census - There is an Albert Webster, born 1887 Manchester with mother Patience born 1862 Manchester.
      I wonder if Patience remarried?

RG13; Piece: 3762; Folio: 66; Page: 4
      Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 03-03-08, 12:06.
      Elaine

Comment

OC I don't have World Ancestry but had a quick look on Findmypast Passenger lists. There's no Daniel Barrington or D Barrington that fits. There's a couple of Mr and Mrs Barrington's but they are classed as "Ladies and Gents"
        I can give details if you think they're likely!
        Sue

Comment

Patience Barrington marries William Webster
          1894 2nd quarter
          Ashton under Lyne 8d 643
          Elaine

Comment

Elaine

Oh BRILLIANT, thanks! That'll be the Albert Barrington, grandson, living with his Barrington grandparents in 1891 - I couldn't place him.

I will have another death trawl for Dan Barrington although I'm sure (?) I did every Q.

Thanks!

OC

Comment

Can't see Patience in 1891. :(
              Elaine

Comment

Sue

Sorry, only just seen your post.

Thanks, but it isn't looking like it's them now.

Thankyou for looking though.

OC

Comment

Working...
                X