Frances Amelia Souter Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frances Amelia Souter Help Please

Good Afternoon to you,Frances Amelia Souter is/was my Greatgrand mother, she had 1 child out of wedlock ,then married John Fuller and had 4 more children . John Fuller died in Cane Hill Lunatic Asylum in Couldston (sp) Surrey in 1906. She then re-married a chap by the name of John Edward Joy born c 1865 where I don't know ,or both of their deaths. Frances was AKA Fanny. Can anyone please help find them ???:o
    Thank you
    Sheila walking cat.gif
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

Hi Sheila...................do you have any certs???

You won't find them after the marriage to John Joy as there aren't any census released after that.

Are you looking for Frances before her marraige or after?

Comment

The marriage to John Joy is in 1909 2nd qtr. in Wandsworth.
      Karen

Comment

Can't work out Frances as Souter or Fuller in the census. Do you know where Frances was born? or parent's names?

Comment

On the 1891 John Fuller is down as a widow with 2 children Rebecca 6 and James 1.

Frances is Fanny on the census and marriage info.
          Karen

Comment

There is more than one possible birth for John Edward Joy, so you would need to get the marriage certificate for when he married Frances to see his age and his father's details to find out which is the right one. Also, that means there will likely be more than one possible death for him so you would need to know when he was born to know which is the right death.
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

where and when was the first marriage, Joy?
              Jess

Comment

Frances was born in Wandsworth and married in Wandsworth. to John Fuller in 1891 and John Joy in 1909 I don't have the GRO certificats but my Aunt, does.
                Karen ---That is him, and I think that he is living with HIS first wife's family. --- James did live with them ( John and Frances ), but not Rebecca she was a servant later
                Sheila

Comment

ok, sorry , she married as Fanny Amelia (not Frances) Oct-Nov-Dec 1891 .

what was the name of the illig first child? -presumably will appear with her in 1891
                  Jess

Comment

Her name is Fanny Amelia Souter on her birth reg (Wandsworth Mar 1867) and marriage to John Fuller (Wandsworth Dec 1891).

If you are looking for her death then it should be in the name of Frances Amelia Joy or Fanny Amelia Joy (assuming she didn't marry yet again!) but unless you know roughly when she died, it could be a long trawl through the indexes looking for her death. And it might only give her middle initial instead of full middle name on the index. Same goes for John Edward Joy, plus as I said, unless you know for sure when he was born, if you find a John Edward Joy death you won't know if it's the right one because there was more than one of them.
                    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Jess--- Her childs name was Annie Frances B Souter born in Wandsworth in Dec 1891
                      Sheila

Comment

HI Shiela

So I take it you have Fanny and her daugher Annie Souter in the 1891 then again as Fuller in the 1901 census.

Sorry to ask but post not reading clear to me today...
                        WendyP

Comment

Hi Wendy sorry not to answer before Yes that's right ,,, Thanks all, it looks like a "hard slog " still thank's anyway
                          Sheila

Comment

Working...
                          X