Suspicious Behaviour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspicious Behaviour

As my computer crashed and has not been fixed I have been using my husband's computer. I am getting a bit concerned about this as his computer is mainly for his business and every time I log in I am getting this message and not sure if I am the cause of some problem which may affect his computer sometime.

"suspicious behaviour
    Windows messenger is trying to monitor user activities on this computer. if allowed it may try to track your log, keystrokes, (user input) mouse movements, web sites visited and user behaviour"

Has anyone had this message before - is it really suspicious behaviour? I thought Windows Messenger was quite safe. I use Hotmail for my email. My husband does not and uses Microsoft.
    Searching For Pillar, Nichol, Soppitt, Cryle, Wilson, Dixon, Selby.

Hello Sheila,
    There are some programs and I sure Google is one of the culprits who uses it (and I am not happy) called "keywordmax.com". It monitors the url's that you visit. You can read more about it by googling it.

There are other programs which monitor every keystroke you make and creates a log file. This log file is sent via the internet to the criminal at the other end who then has access to your passwords and login details of any site including banks, credit card sites you use.

I suspect you may be suffering from the first one highlighted. I'm no expert, it's just that my virus/trojan detector has blocked the file several times over the last few days.

Don't wait for trouble. Install decent virus/tojan/adware software protection. It may be cheaper in the long run.
    Cheers
    Paul

Comment

This one's free
      Microsoft Defender

Comment

Paul thank you once again for your help. I have sent you a PM regarding my computer crash.
        I appreciate your help with this. I will take your advice.

thanks

Sheila
        Searching For Pillar, Nichol, Soppitt, Cryle, Wilson, Dixon, Selby.

Comment

Working...
        X