Fred Randle is coming to the Altrincham Theatre on Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred Randle is coming to the Altrincham Theatre on Sunday

I am trying to date a letter I have found - infuriatingly, the top has been cut off, so I do not have the address or date! It must have written after 1953 as it refers to yours truly, who was born in that year -:o (do I have to update my signature?-am too chicken to work it out!)

The only other clue in the letter is the sentence "Fred Randle is coming to the Altrincham Theatre on Sunday to entertain us".

I have been googling and not found anything - maybe "Randle" is a misspelling?

Any ideas please?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Muggins in Sussex; 01-03-08, 14:01.
    Joan died in July 2020.

Randall? Nothing obvious on Google though.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Altrincham Garrick Home Page

This is the website of the Garrick in Altrincham. They may be able to help
      PAT

Comment

HI

The only Randle I have come across is a Frank Randle but he died in 1957.
        WendyP

Comment

I'd tried that too, Uncle John

Many Thanks, Pat - I'll contact them
          Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

And thanks, Wendy (we cross posted) - I had a quick google and found this Frank Randle Gallery - as Frank was a Mancunian, I guess it could well be him (btw it looks a fascinating website)

Many thanks
            Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Many thanks, Elaine - I had thought it was the "Randle" that was wrong - but it was obviously the "Fred"!!!!
              Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

This looks promising?

Frank Randle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chrisitne
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

It does, yes, thanks Christine.

If only Beatrice had the name right in the first place!! -
                  Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Just had another thought...

Does your library card give you online access to the Thomson Gale database? If so, it should have the Guardian - though it may not include early enough dates for you. The Guardian Archive site is PAYG or subscription or something, as I recall.

Christine

Having in mind that it used to be The Manchester Guardian
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks again Christine - I don't think my library card gives me that access - but the Guardian Archive site is a really good idea

Cheers
                      Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Muggins in Sussex View Post
                        It must have written after 1953 as it refers to yours truly, who was born in that year -:o (do I have to update my signature?-am too chicken to work it out!)
                        Yes, but if you wait until your birthday then you will only have to change it to "55 and NOT 54" - er, unless you've already had your birthday this year?
                        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

LOL KiteRunner :D

Not had my birthday yet this year, so guess I am safe
                          Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Just knew I recognised the name and remember seeing the plaque when I was searching for rellis in Aspull lol..and I do object to Wigan guttersnipe lol..

Frank Randle & Josef Locke

]

Comment

Working...
                            X