Suffolk Chipperfields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suffolk Chipperfields

Is anyone out there researching Chipperfields from Suffolk.
    On the 1841 census gr gr grandaddy says he was born in Suffolk, but all other census say St George in the East, He was married in Dublin in 1847 but I need to go back Any help out there
    Ann

I would think the 1841 is most likely a mistake if he gives a definite birthplace of St George in the East on the other censuses.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi, thank you for that, am beginning to think the same myself. Only problem is I cant find his birth in London either, but I will keep trying

Comment

Is he connected with Richard, Charles and Job Chipperfield who are in Rumburgh, Suffolk on the 1841 census? Richard age 30 Charles and Job age 25, all say they were born Suffolk. Charles and Job still say they were born Suffolk (Rumburgh) in later censuses but Richard's birthplace is London on the others and London St Georges Borough on the 1861.
        KiteRunner

Comment

I really dont know if there is a connection. I have not been able to find anything except his fathers name that someone had put on IGI
          I will look at these soon thank you so much

Comment

I do hope this is your lot and I'm not wasting my time looking at a completely different family! There are a lot of submitted IGI records for them, but these are more likely to be accurate as they are "extracted" ones:

Richard Chipperfield baptised 10 Apr 1808 at St George The Martyr, Southwark, born 6 Jan 1808, parents William and Ann. (There is a submitted IGI record saying he was born in Rumburgh.)

Sarah Chipperfield baptised 4 Jul 1814 Rumburgh, parents William and Anna.

Job Chipperfield baptised 26 Feb 1817 Rumburgh, parents William and Ann.

James Chipperfield baptised 30 Dec 1818 Rumburgh, parents William and Ann.

James Chipperfield born 9 Nov 1819 baptised 5 Dec 1836 at Primitive Methodist Church, Wangford by Southwold, Suffolk, parents William Chipperfield and Ann Woolnough.
            KiteRunner

Comment

What was your great-great-grandfather's name etc? Maybe one of us on here can find the connection.
              KiteRunner

Comment

His name is George Chipperfield. He married Sophia in Dublin in1847. The first I can find of him is 1851 census. There is an entry on IGI by a man researching the Frewen family which is Sophias maiden name, he has Georges father as George Edward. Do you think if I can get the Irish marriage certificate I will learn any more
                Your help is appreciated

Comment

Yes, I would think getting the Irish marriage certificate is a very good idea. Details of how to order it will be on the GRO Ireland website:

The General Register Office
                  KiteRunner

Comment

Working...
                  X