Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My laptop has crashed - can you recommend someone to fix it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My laptop has crashed - can you recommend someone to fix it?

I live in Newcastle upon Tyne. My laptop has crashed and I am having difficulty getting it fixed. I have lost my Acer recovery disc and a new one will be £50 which I will buy if I cannot find what happened to my own disc.

The person who did look after the computers has moved to another area and I think he may have accidentally taken my disc with him.

I will still need someone, who is recommended, for possibly this problem and future work.

Does anyone know of someone suitable.
    Searching For Pillar, Nichol, Soppitt, Cryle, Wilson, Dixon, Selby.

I have PMed you.

Comment

Pat thank you I have replied to your pm

Sheila

Comment

Hi Shiela,
        An interesting problem. My Acer has the full Operating System files on a hidden partition on the hard disk (called Drive D) which is used to restore my files on the main partition (Drive C) in the event of my messing up the operating system. Problem is what happens if the Laptop develops a hard disk fault?
        I think it was Dell who had to issue Restore Disks to all it's customers after they were taken to court about 18 months ago. The Court decided that for Dell to charge that sort of money for software customers had already purchased was not right.
        Restore discs were then made available for about £10.
        My memory is going rusty but it may be worth contacting Acer directly and pushing them for replacement discs at a more reasonable price if you think that the problem is a Restore only.

Good luck
        Paul

Comment

Thanks both, I will contact Acer this week if I do not get my original disc back. The peson I think took it by mistake is going to check his discs this weekend.
          Paul my D drive is for all my files - photos, music, correspondence, family tree etc while my C is for the system. My daughter's partner did this for me. Unfortunately they live a long way from me otherwise I would have called over with a bottle of wine and a broken laptop!

S

Comment

Working...
          X