Photo Bucket Question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Bucket Question!

This might not be the right place for this...

I don't normally have a problem but just lately I can't post resized photos onto a thread. I'm making them smaller OK on photobucket but when I post they go back to original size (but staying smaller on Photobucket) Any suggestions?
    Sue

Have you tried taking them off and renaming them ... that might fool it !

I think Photobucket has the occasional 'funny turn'

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

silly question...

when you have posted them on a thread, did you refresh the page? (the thread page, that is)
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Sue, the ones you posted the other day... on the POW thread (with the cars and caravans on)

here.... http://www.familytreeforum.com/1092821-post174.html

they have resised to the correct version.....?
        Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
          Sue, the ones you posted the other day... on the POW thread (with the cars and caravans on)

here.... http://www.familytreeforum.com/1092821-post174.html

they have resised to the correct version.....?

Julie those were the were the first ones with the problem! When I go into Photobucket, then edit, they're sitting there at 320x240 but when I posted them as you saw they were full size again! I posted two more yesterday on the Eastern Region thread and the same thing happened. Now I'm trying again today with another one and its still happening.
          Sue

Comment

I did think it was because I used my printer software to download (upload?) the photos to my PC and did the one today with Microsoft wizard thingy but it made no difference.
            Rachel -I wouldn't know how to rename them without making a complete pigs ear of it!!!! lol
            Sue

Comment

I can assure you Sue the ones on the POW thread I gave the link for are not full size, they are the "website/email" size. (320x240) if they were full size they would be 640x480

try posting a resized one, here.
              Julie

Comment

OK Julie this is supposedly 320x240 -

OK so I refreshed the page!! Is that all it is? I'm sure I've never had to do that before:o Sorry for my stupidity!
                Last edited by Sue from Southend; 29-02-08, 18:05.
                Sue

Comment

Now I'm totally confused, I refreshed and it went small! I edited the post to make my apologies, reposted and its showing huge again! (and won't go smaller - what are you seeing a big piccie or a little one
                  Sue

Comment

Sue

I'm still seeing the resized one... it isnt full sized by any means...

can you not refresh it? and does that help? try pressing ctrl +f5 together,
                    Julie

Comment

Update - I just crept onto the Eastern Region Thread and refeshed my other photos and they've gone small! Have tried several times with this one and, to me, it's still big 1024x768 in fact

Julie we posted at the same time have just tried refreshing your way and it worked. Thankyou. I need to go lie down in a darkened room I think.... After I've posted this photo in the right place. Keep your fingers crossed lol
                      Last edited by Sue from Southend; 29-02-08, 18:21. Reason: post's crossed
                      Sue

Comment

It must be my PC. Every time I go back into a thread the photos are huge. I refresh they go small, come out of thread, go back its huge. I suppose I'll just have to take your word that they're small!!
                        I'm getting a headache now....
                        Sue

Comment

LOL!!

well its a new one on me... not come across that before. like you say though, might be pc.
                          Julie

Comment

If I had to guess, I'd say that your browser is caching (i.e., saving) the image the first time you view the page, and then recalling the cached version rather than downloading it again from Photobucket (presumably the file name is the same). There may be an option to change this somewhere, but then you'd have to wait for images to download every time, which would slow things down.

Of course, I may be completely wrong.

Tim
                            "If we're lucky, one day our names and dates will appear in our descendants' family trees."

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Cousin View Post
                              If I had to guess, I'd say that your browser is caching (i.e., saving) the image the first time you view the page, and then recalling the cached version rather than downloading it again from Photobucket (presumably the file name is the same). There may be an option to change this somewhere, but then you'd have to wait for images to download every time, which would slow things down.

Of course, I may be completely wrong.

Tim
                              Sue

Comment

Working...
                              X