Not really research but !! got a old Bus Tin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not really research but !! got a old Bus Tin

My Husband went into a local Deli and bought me a Tin of Biscuits in a Bus shape , thing is its the number 8 to Old Ford that used to run by my favourite Aunt Daisys House in the 60s how about that for coincidence.

Have you checked the windows to see if you are sitting in it, Val?? :D

Comment

:(shush Merry yes I did and I'm not

Comment

My Dad used to be a bus conductor. I suppose his old ticket machine and leather bag for money are historic items now!
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

oh yes worth a bit now

Comment

Shame we didn't keep them, then!

Comment

if only I had kept stuff from way back ??? but we can all say that !!!

Comment

You know you're getting old when you see items you recognize from childhood in a museum exhibit (yes, this has happened to me already!).

Tim
                "If we're lucky, one day our names and dates will appear in our descendants' family trees."

Comment

you know you`re getting old when you look down at your crocodile shoes and realise its your bare feet....lol....allan;)
                  Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
                  oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
                  adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
                  merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
                  coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

well thats cheered me up !!! Not

Comment

Most of the office buildings I worked at in London have either disappeared or are standing empty.
                      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Cousin View Post
                        You know you're getting old when you see items you recognize from childhood in a museum exhibit (yes, this has happened to me already!).

Tim
                        That's happened to us with Toy Museums! - One in the far corner of Skye (a great place, especially for kids - hands on) and one in Trier in Germany (on the Mosel, almost into France).

Christine
                        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

We took our children to a Toy Museum about 10 years ago, which had a dolly in it wearing a dress made of material I'd had a dress made of when I was a child.

They have my parents' first cooker in the Science Museum.

My primary school now has an extension roughly 2ce the size of the original building (new built when I went there)

Secondary school was demolished for housing.

First place of work - they've moved.
                          College - now part of Thames Valley University.
                          Second place of work - they've moved.
                          Third place - they've moved and changed their name.

In fact my cv probably looks more like a work of fiction now. Perhaps that's why they want folk to have their school records available for employers on line.

Comment

Working...
                          X