Devon PRs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devon PRs

Anyone know if the PRs for Devon (Charleton) are available on the web. The burials for 1780-1850 are but can't find anything else.

Thanks.

Devon FHS have produced booklets for marriages 1754- 1837 (approx) and baptisms (1812 - 1837) again approx.

Which names are you interested in? (Helmer, Edwards, Eliot, Wakeham????)
    Phoenix - with charred feathers
    Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Sorry Phoenix..........Shepherd, Mitchelmore and Gudger.

Are the booklets something I can buy???? Duh.....I can look at their website and find out myself, can't I?????

Thanks.

Comment

might be worthwhile looking on genuki, to see if that area has an OPC? I mailed one for Uffculme, and she was very very helpful, confirmed my gt gt grandparents bapts and all their siblings!!
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Libby,

I don't know if you're aware of this already, but there's a Website for a M*CH*MORE One Name Study, which has a number of Mitchelmore lines (they've found 108 variant spellings of the name).

Speaking of variants, I suspect that Gudger may be a alternative spelling of Goodyear - I lived in Newfoundland for several years, where there are quite a few Goodyears (presumably from Devon), but it was often (usually?) pronounced like 'Gudger'.

And of course Shepherd may be spelled Sheppard, Sheppert, etc...

Good luck -

Tim
          "If we're lucky, one day our names and dates will appear in our descendants' family trees."

Comment

Thanks Julie and Tim.

I have found quite a few varients for all the names. I'm going on one PR that has a John Shepherd marrying Susan Gudger in Charleton in 1803. We had our John Shepherd as marrying Susan Sadyler same place, same time, so wondering if Gudger was transcribed as Sadyler.
            I'll check the one name study.

Comment

Working...
            X