Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tgna Ancestry Subs?

hi...just received my bank statement.....19th feb Tgna ancestry subs £79.95
    I certainly have not given my bank details to ancestry.....is this Ancestry UK ?
    IF SO,HOW HAVE THEY TAKEN MONEY WITHOUT MY SAY SO.?:(...ALLAN
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Have you signed up for a 14 day free trial? You may have inadvertently given them permission if so.
    Tracy

Comment

Allan,

have you recently had afree trial with them? did you have to give credit card details? and did you cancel in time? if not they will think you are wanting a subscription and debit your card.
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

thank you both....not to my knowledge....and i would never give my bank details for a free trail...i`m confused....is tgna ancestry Ancestry uk?.....allan
        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

I think it is Allan yes,

I would give them a ring, they have a freephone number, and query it.

0800 404 9723

Have you recently bought a version of FTM? they usually have free trials of Ancestry etc...
          Last edited by Darksecretz; 29-02-08, 11:22.
          Julie

Comment

It's "The Generations Network", which is Ancestry, MyFamily, Genealogy.com, Rootsweb, TGN.com, FamilyTreeMaker and Ancestrymagazine.

Definitely contact them and ask how they got your money.
            Tracy

Comment

thank you for the freephone number....i`ve just e-mailed them...i`ll ring and see what its all about....thank you all....allan

Comment

just rung that free phone number....its in utah,usa...they have no record of me,or the payment...my bank details are not on their files??very strange....now ringing my bank....allan

Comment

okay.....my bank have said they will send out a form and refund TOTAL taken out...they said it was taken off my old card which was destroyed in September....?????....anyway,hopefully its all sorted now....but surely,if someone obtained my bank details from my old card,....whose name on ancestry have they paid for?...not mine..ancestry have confirmed that...it shouldn`t take much to find out who they`ve paid for and prosecute them..hopefully....i hope its a warning to us all....feel better now i`m getting my money back...the cheek of it!!!!!....allan:p

Comment

Allan,

was your bank statement on paper? or an email one?

I'm just wondering if its a scam?
                    Julie

Comment

It could be that the sub was supposed to be for you but they just couldn't find your account when you rang them, couldn't it? Have you tried logging on using the username you had for your free trial to see whether it says you have a paid sub or not?
                      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

good morning...this deduction was on a bank statement-not an e-mail..i`ve still to receive my next bank statement ,and i have been assured by my bank(after filling in 2 forms)that i will be fully reimbursed...since this forgery,my bank has "bounced" a cheque from my wife to MY DAUGHTER...because the bank are now monitoring ALL our transactions...so apart from it be annoying,it`s now become frustrating....allan

Comment

Allan, did you ever try logging on to ancestry using the username that you had for the free trial to see if it says you are a paid subscriber?
                          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

It could be a fraud/scam. We had money taken from our bank account and they mimiced the name of genuine transactions to disguise it. Suppose they hoped we wouldn't notice!!

Comment

Trina

This is an old thread.

I have asked Elaine to look at the recent posting from "Divorce Certificate".

OC

Post removed
                              Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 26-06-09, 15:09. Reason: actioned

Comment

Oh sorry - didn't realise. Did wonder about that last post though!

Comment

Working...
                                X