Lancashire BMD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lancashire BMD

I noticed yesterday that mothers maiden names are now being added to some births. (not many at the moment)
    Without buying the certs I have now verified lots of children that used to be maybes. I still buy the main line ones to be really sure though..

Anyone know will all the mmn be added in time?
    Last edited by Northern Light; 29-02-08, 09:25.

]

Hiya,

Thankyou for letting us know about the mmn, hope it will help me move forward a bit :D

Hope you are well !

Jacky xx :D
    Jacky

Comment

Hi Jacky Im fine thanks..

Ive found Ainscow, Booth Coleman and a few more all early on in the alphabet so Im hoping they transcribe all the rest soon lol..

]

Comment

I should have mentioned that on my updates thread, just now!

I've also noticed (and that's what I've just added to the thread) that you can search using forenames, and not just initials on a number of the sites now.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks for that Christine, thats great..

]

Comment

Mmn have been on Lancsbmd for a long time now, that's why it is always first port of call for me.

Not complete and they don't seem to have added much new lately.

And I do wish they would get on with the deaths! Hardly any coverage of deaths.

OC

Comment

OC,

I go on there regular and i have just found 4 MMNs that were not there last week..........

I 'm really happy with my find this morning:D

Jacky xx
              Last edited by Tilly Mint; 29-02-08, 12:38.
              Jacky

Comment

Jacky I have found 6 now lol all around the 1850s and am made up..

]

Comment

Oh, I thought they used to say there was some rule that they could only put mother's maiden name on if it was on their original copy of the index or if there was no local index available so they were making it from scratch. I wonder if the rule has been scrapped now?
                  KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                  (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Kate

I just had a look at Lancsbmd and there is still only patchy coverage of mother's maiden names - only a few districts are "complete" and some of the others appear to be works in progress. None of my areas that weren't already covered are covered now. For example, Darwen and Royton have always had mmn. Manchester has very poor coverage overall and no mmn.

I did notice on Cheshire bmds that they appear to have revamped the site - the results, although the same, are laid out on what looks like a new computer generated list.

The layout on Lancsbmd and Cheshirebmd used to be identical, now they are different!

UPDATE

Just this minute been on Lancsbmd looking for a marriage - and that has changed to look like a computer print out too! This has happened overnight - I was on there early this morning and it had the old appearance then.

OC
                    Last edited by Olde Crone Holden; 29-02-08, 23:10.

Comment

Working...
                    X