Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would someone please help me to contact a GR member?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would someone please help me to contact a GR member?

I'm no longer a full member of GR so can't originate a contact.

I have these two wedding photos of Stanley Holmes Hollowday (born Lancaster District 1902) and his wife, Miss Friedman:

They were friends of my grandparents and the photos were taken in Amiandos, Cyprus on 9th Nov 1927. My gran has written all the details on the back, probably because they were not "family"! lol She never bothered usually!

There's someone on genes who has Stanley Hollowday and also his father, Alvero Hollowday (no birth date for either :(), on their tree. Member is called Robert. Would someone be kind enough to message Robert asking if he is interested in copies of these wedding photos? Or alternatively, if he can contact anyone else who would be interested??

Is it Robert Procter Merry,I have s ent him a e mail.
    Last edited by Patti; 28-02-08, 15:04.
    regards Patti

*******always searching*********
    for Bracey.Speck.Gusterson.Taylor.Livermore.

Comment

Yes, that's the one, Patti

Last time I looked these names were not on GR (maybe four months ago) so hopefully Robert is an active member of the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Patti View Post
        Is it Robert Procter Merry,I have s ent him a e mail.
        Thanks very much, Patti

Comment

Well I put the names in the search there and they both came up with him,but like you he might not still have an on going account,will let you know what happens,I asked him to send me his e mail.
          regards Patti

*******always searching*********
          for Bracey.Speck.Gusterson.Taylor.Livermore.

Comment

Might be worth keeping hold of your scans of them: they give you a dated set of fashion shots!

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

ALVERO HOLLOWDAY birth registered Dec qtr. 1875 Dewsbury.

ALVERO HOLLOWDAY married ADELA GRAFTON or MARY HOLMES Sep qtr. 1899 Lancaster.

Ann
              Last edited by Ann from Sussex; 28-02-08, 16:39.
              ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
              Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
                Might be worth keeping hold of your scans of them: they give you a dated set of fashion shots!

Christine
                I'm keeping the originals Christine!! After all, they have gran's handwriting on one side, even if they have his family on the front! lol

Ann from Sussex.....yes, those are his parents. His mum was Mary Holmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                  I'm keeping the originals Christine!! After all, they have gran's handwriting on one side, even if they have his family on the front! lol

Ann from Sussex.....yes, those are his parents. His mum was Mary Holmes.
                  Sorry Merry. I was bored and looking for something to do!

Ann
                  ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
                  Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Working...
                  X