Could this be the right death cert ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this be the right death cert ??

George Arthur Miller born May 1899 I know he was living in Brixton or Camberwell when last seen.
    I have trawled the Death Certs for this man he is one of my Nans children and the only one who's death I cannot find .
    On his marriage cert in 1935 he is a Belt Sander for a furniture manufacturer.
    The only death I can find which looks good is a George Alfred Miller in March 1962 aged 61 an Engineering Draughtsman he died in West London Hospital Hammersmith and lived in East Sheen S.W.14 is this totally ridiculous do you think ????
    I know the middle name is different but that has happened in my lot before.
    Any ideas most welcome thanks

When was he last seen? Where was he last seen? Do any family have any stories/photos/ephemera?

There is nothing to prevvent a man upping sticks and going wherever he chooses - not quite Mars, but the planet is a big place.

The death you found can be traced backwards with electoral rolls: is there anyone else at the address? Did he leave a will? If he had children, you could look backwards for their births and his marriage.

Might he have had qualifications? Would he be listed anywhere with previous addresses?

It is quite feasible that a middle name is misremembered, but with a common surname, you'd have to do a fair bit of extra work to be certain you had the right chap.
    Phoenix - with charred feathers
    Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

he is a very complex man he was last seen for sure about 1960 had divorced his first wife and as far as we know did not marry his new girlfriend although I could be wrong.
      He had no children .
      I would love to tie up this familys last days.
      What would be the best way of just searching the Brixton and Camberwell areas thanks

Comment

Well, not on foot, that's for sure!

If you have an address, then electoral rolls or street directories would give you a run. 100 acre wood to Guildhall library, say, isn't far.
        Phoenix - with charred feathers
        Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

100 acre wood is miles from anywhere:o

Comment

Val, I used to live in that area years ago and know it well. Can I help at all?
            Stella passed away December 2014

Comment

thanks for that Stella ,looks like its back to trawling

Comment

Val, there is a birth registration for a George Alfred Miller Mar 1901 Edmonton district, so I expect that death reg is for him.
                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

oh Kite why didnt I think of doing that ?? thanks so much
                  Does anybody need a death cert LOL

Comment

Working...
                  X