Impossible task? Accident in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impossible task? Accident in America

Yesterday some kind members searched for my relative Henry William TYLER on the US census records, as family rumour says he went to live there. Unfortunately there seemed to be no sign of him.

He was born in 1823 in Witney Oxon and is last seen in this country on the 1851 census where he is recorded as a grocer.

I already had a date of death for him of 31st July 1872 and there's no death reg for him in the UK that I can see.

I've now turned up some further info which states: "Met with a fatal accident in America"

So, of course, now I want to know what happened to him!!!! Is this impossible to discover? (as I don't know where in the States he lived or died and no one has been able to find him before this date in America :o)

Merry do you not have details of his sailing?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

and I guess he didnt marry?
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Julie -No, I don't have details of his sailing, however, his sister, Emma Tyler, said on a later census that she emigrated in 1852 (can't see her in 1851, but they still may have sailed together, especially as Emma was unmarried when she travelled.)

As far as I know Henry never married.

Comment

do you have emmas birth details as i will search all of the passenger records tonight for you.

Comment

Oooh, thank you Pat.......

Emma Tyler was born 18th April 1825 at Witney, Oxon.

Going out now.....will be back later.....

Comment

Working...
            X