I am going to Manchester Archives tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am going to Manchester Archives tomorrow

Anybody want any parish record look ups?
    PAT

Hi Pat

If you have time could you please have a look at a marriage for me, Its at Norris Bank St Martins, Dec 1/4 1954 Ronald Green to Joan Clarke.

Thank you

Jackie

Comment

Originally posted by jackiew View Post
      Hi Pat

If you have time could you please have a look at a marriage for me, Its at Norris Bank St Martins, Dec 1/4 1954 Ronald Green to Joan Clarke.

Thank you

Jackie
      Hi Jackie............I have looked at the church list and the record you want isn't on film. I think you have to give 24hrs notice to look at the original. I'll see what they say tomorrow
      PAT

Comment

Hi Pat

Thank you very much.

Kind regards

Jackie

Comment

Jackie as these people may still be alive I will pm you with the details
          PAT

Comment

Hi Pat

Have received your message, thank you very much for your help.

Best wishes

Jackie

Comment

would Macclesfield be at the Manchester archives?
              If so I am looking for the baptism of Elizabeth BACK b 1808 and sister Mary b 1811 Macclesfield. I think their parents are Richard BACK and Hannah Holinshead but I have not been able to find a baptism to confirm this.

Comment

oops looks like I missed the boat!!

Comment

Manchester City Council - Church Register List - Long Eaton to Malpas

Hi Gloryer the church list is on this link...........I can look next time I go if you decide on a church
                  PAT

Comment

Thank you.
                    St Michaels or Christchurch seem to be the most likely.
                    All I know is Elizabeth and Mary BACK were both born Macclesfield but they married 2 brothers from Kent. From the census I believe their father is a Richard Back born Kent, I have his death certificate to try to establish a definate connection but the informant is his grand daughters husband. I know there is a marriage of a Richard Back and Hannah Holinshead 19 nov 1798 Macclesfield. Dont know why Richard went to Macclesfield then back to Kent. There was no sign of Hannah on the 1841 census so maybe she died and he decided to return home with his daughters. If this is the correct marriage then there is a 10 year gap between the marriage and Elizabeth's birth so possibly some more BACK chldrens baptisms.
                    If you could find any snippets on this lot it would be great.
                    Thanks again
                    Gloria

Comment

Working...
                    X