manchester local studies look up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manchester local studies look up

If anyone is in the local studies centre sometime would you mind looking at some birth's between 1872-1877,my gt grandfather,john hatton and his wife margaret craven had my grandfather in hulme 1878,they were married in manchester.
    I think they may have had some children between 72-77,if anyone could find some birth info with a maiden name craven it would help me greatly in my research.
    I know in my own local studies down here there's quite a bit on microfiche,but there's a lot of area's for a lot of year's.,i'm just hoping they stayed in Hulme,
    thanks,
    alanjohn.
    "As if by magic the shop keeper appeared"

Hi Alanjohn.............I am going to the archives tomorrow. Do you have any idea of the church?

Manchester City Council - Church Register List - Introduction

You can see the list of churches here
    Last edited by Pat Hope; 25-02-08, 22:29.
    PAT

Comment

Alan, if you are talking about parish register baptism entries, then they don't usually give the mother's maiden name. I don't think there will be local BMD indexes available with it on either. And by that time, a lot of families didn't get their children baptised, or saved them all up and did them all together! Also in Manchester there were a lot of nonconformists as I'm sure you know.
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Try"Hulme- St Wilfrid (RC)",they lived in Baxter street but i don't know the area back then so i don't know the church,but i think they might have been RC.Sorry to be so vague.
        If there's no maiden name then i'm hoping to find a son or daughter born to John & Margaret and then build on that.
        I know John was always listed as a Labourer too.

Comment

Incidently if anyone want's the favour returned with a look up down here,i only live about half hour away from the cornish local studies centre,i don't get down there too much but if you let me know i'll get to it.

Comment

Sorry Alanjohn but I went today. I will have a look at St Wilfreds next time I go
            PAT

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Hope View Post
              Sorry Alanjohn but I went today. I will have a look at St Wilfreds next time I go
              thats ok,i'm not in any sort of hurry,thanks for the help
              alanjohn.

Comment

Working...
              X