Clear All

• Can anyone read this address (1891)

Can anyone read the address for Edward Dawson

Number 437 ??? Road

RG12; Piece: 993; Folio 106; Page 16

Thanks
    Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

You will often find that the street names are written more clearly in the "description of enumeration district". But unfortunately, not in this case! Have you tried looking through the other pages of the district to see if it is clearer somewhere in there? I think it might be an abbreviation of something, perhaps Afd Rd short for Alfred Road, or something like that?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi - I've gone to the previous page to see if they'd written it in full - could be Oxford Road - I think they are abbreviating to Oxf on your page - see what you think - the writing looks worse than mine though!

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
        You will often find that the street names are written more clearly in the "description of enumeration district". But unfortunately, not in this case! Have you tried looking through the other pages of the district to see if it is clearer somewhere in there? I think it might be an abbreviation of something, perhaps Afd Rd short for Alfred Road, or something like that?
        Thanks Kite, I did try that trick - but your right, no better - I am so glad we have to print in block capitals now
        Vikki -

Comment

Thanks Gill, It does look like Oxford on the other page, So this is obviously his shorthand (with writing like that, he should have stuck to the long hand lol)
          Vikki -

Comment

Hi, I think that it's Oxford
            Janet ;)

Researching - Curr, Woolven, Beeden, Haslett, Shurey, Barton, Slade & Harding.

Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks Janet
              Vikki -

Comment

Working...
              X