Toolbar won't let me exit...sends error report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toolbar won't let me exit...sends error report

Thought I'd check out on here whether I should be worried...

At first it only seemed to be Ancestry that caused this problem, then it was FTF. I often have 2 internet windows up so I can go between Ancestry etc and FTF. Recently when I click on the exit cross or right click mouse etc, to close that window, it leaves the toolbar stuck on screen. I can minimise it but only way to get rid of it is to shut down.

I often have several word docs open at same time.

Thanks for any advice. Liz
    Liz

Liz - are you using Firefox.
    I have had similar problems recently with Ancestry if I have more than 4 or 5 tabs open at the same time - can't close any of them down and have to do Ctrl/Alt/Delete to get rid of them.

Seems to have been a problem for me since a Firefox update about two or three weeks ago.

PS - Haven't got any advice!
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine. No not on Firefox. Google everything. Pooter still working okay. Maybe I'm having too many things open at same time...Liz
      Liz

Comment

I think someone had a similar problem closing ancestry and it was something to do with their anti-virus software or something like that.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Liz, I've just nudged up Bee's thread where she was having trouble closing ancestry and it looked like a problem with Norton. Could your problem be related?
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Knew it...I have Norton and since I renewed via Tiscali it has not been as good. Will check out Bee's thread. Thanks. Liz
            Liz

Comment

Working...
            X