I can't get on here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't get on here

I can't get on here since Friday so am at the public library. I get "Internet explorer cannot display this webpage" every time, other sites are affected too such as photobucket, West Sussex County Council, youtube, FreeBMD while many others are unaffected. My son can still do his internet gaming but can't get on myspace. I can still get Ancestry. We are with AOL, and the new computer is only 3 weeks old. any advice please? (though it may be next week before i can get to the library to read it)

Sounds as though it could be the security settings on your new computer?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

JillI don\'t know what the problem is but I switched to AOL Broadband yesterday afternoon and I am getting a problem accessing this site too. I am now using a proxy and it is working fine.I am also having trouble with findmypast, freebmd as well. I haven\\\'t checked all my favourites so these are the only three I know about at the moment. All the others seem perfectly okay.I think, but I\\\'m not sure, is has something to do with either security issues/domain servers/http protocols/site certificates.I haven\\\'t solved the problem yet but as you can see I am accessing this site via a proxy.Maybe the web administrators can explain why there is a problem with AOL users for this site, it maybe be a simple explanation.I can even get into my bank account on-line.

Comment

We were fine on Friday a.m. then by the evening it all went haywire.. Only thing I've done is a system restore to the previous day which had no effect. Time's up at the library. Bye for now.

Comment

My access is back now. I've no idea how or why its working now but this site is now working for me.

Hopefully when you get home Jill on the A272 you'll try again and it will work.

Or do what I did use a proxy server and then log off shut everything down in frustration go shopping :o and then come back and start it all up again and then go to your favourites and click the link and hey presto! I think its the shopping bit that helped. :o

Oh and the other sites are working too now.

Maggie
          Last edited by Guest; 25-02-08, 14:42.

Comment

Well I'm home, and as you can see I'm back. I picked my brother's brains, forgot what he said to do, fiddled with security settings, messed it up I think, panicked, & did a system restore to last Wednesday. Need to confess my sins to my son next.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill on the A272 View Post
              Well I'm home, and as you can see I'm back. I picked my brother's brains, forgot what he said to do, fiddled with security settings, messed it up I think, panicked, & did a system restore to last Wednesday. Need to confess my sins to my son next.
              hehe :D so we've no idea why it happened? I fiddled a bit but thought nah I'm not fiddling about I could make matters worse and re clicked or unclicked stuff that I'd changed last night!!!

Personally I think AOL has a lot to answer for.

Maggie

Comment

Originally posted by maggie_4_7 View Post
                Personally I think AOL has a lot to answer for.Maggie
                We are using AOL and have had NO problems whatsoever.
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                  We are using AOL and have had NO problems whatsoever.
                  Same here, never had probs that are related to AOL, just general pc probs.
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                  My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                  My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Working...
                  X