A Whitsuntide Procession c1900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Whitsuntide Procession c1900

This is my ggfther Alfred Bramwell with his son, my grandad, by his side.

Alfred was a Wesleyan schoolmaster in Snaith, Yorkshire, and a keen musician.

"He was always a familiar figure in the Whitsuntide processions, accompanying the singing from a harmonium on a dray." (from an April 1921 newspaper obit)
    Last edited by Jen Red Purple; 25-02-08, 10:43. Reason: sorted pic out

Jen xx
    "I try to take one day at a time but sometimes lots of days attack me at once"

;)

:o:o

I rotated that, honest! It looks ok on photobucket but here it's gone sideways again! :(

Last edited by Jen Red Purple; 25-02-08, 10:43. Reason: vain attempts to rotate the pic

Jen xx

;)

Comment

Love the photo, is g.grandpa the tall gent?

Comment

Thanks Barbara.

He's the one behind the horse, next to the flowers with a sort of boater hat on. And grandad's the wee fella next to him, right on the edge of the pic.

Not a very cheerful-looking bunch of villagers!

Jen xx

;)

Comment

Lovely picture, but what a miserable bunch :D
          Vikki -
          Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

:D

I can only imagine they wanted the photographer to get on with it so they could finish the procession and hit the buffet!

Jen xx

;)

Comment

Working...
            X