Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any ideas on this lady's height, please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas on this lady's height, please?

as I have these 2 photos of her and am tryng to identify her in a much later photo (which I can't post as it includes living people) - and do you think they are taken outside the same house? And how old do you think the little girl is in the later photo? ( I believe it's the same child in both photos - the earlier one taken in 1909)

Last edited by Muggins in Sussex; 25-02-08, 06:50.
    Joan died in July 2020.

I say 4ft 6" and OH says about 5 feet.

Comment

The lady does not look tall, but there is nothing really to measure her against, again it could be the same house, the photo with the baby makes it look like it might be a street house, but some had/have gardens, also it could be the same child......................I'm not being any help am I? Sorry...:o

Comment

I agree Joan that the lady looks quite small. Not above 5ft and possibly less.
        The house could be the same but there is only the brickwork and window to judge by.
        I'm not very good with ages. Could the child possibly be around 8 or 9 ?
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Hi Joan .... I was hoping to be able to see the net curtains but they're too fuzzy when enlarged .... nice downpipe

Here's the child's face .... slightly cleaned and slightly larger

The nose does look similar to the baby's

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

I think the lady is as everyone said not very tall, probably about 5ft 1in if a bit less. I do think its the same house.

The second photograph is in colour, is that because its been coloured or was it always like that. Because the lady looks younger in that one, and I don't mean to be rude about this, but she looks happier and more well heeled than the black and white photo.

Can Just Barbara put a date on the clothes she's wearing because they are quite different.

Maggie

Comment

Hi Maggie, grandmas clothes, the top picture has her wearing what appears to be a pouter pigeon style shirt waister, shirt waisters were incredibly fashionable by 1910.................I am being chucked off the computer now, shall be back later..:D

Comment

Thanks all

And thank you Rachel for cleaning up the little girl's face - yes, she does look very like the baby.

Maggie, the second photo was originally in black and white and had been cut in half. Rachel kindly restored and enhanced it.

Your opinions on the lady's height are very helpful to me -

And fashion-wise, the photos were taken, I believe in Altrincham, which may have been somewhat behind the times I guess!
                Last edited by Muggins in Sussex; 25-02-08, 21:07.
                Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

4foot 10 a small lady like myself,little girl abou 5/6 the baby has a christening gown on,date 1914 ,one photo i think is showing back of house and the other the front, brenda xxx
                  Last edited by Guest; 25-02-08, 21:05.

Comment

Thanks, Bren - In fact the person I am trying to identify her as later in life was, I would guess, under 5' tall - so that is very helfpful

Thank you
                    Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Working...
                    X