Gt. Ormond St. Hospital - online database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gt. Ormond St. Hospital - online database

Here's a web site which is new to me. You might find some of your Londoners here.

Small and Special

Ann
    ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
    Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Very interesting especially the ones with case notes - very sad stories some of them.

Comment

Oh thats amazing Ann - thanks so much. My people never turn up anywhere but as its a rare name at least I know they are mine - just found 2 of them on there!!

omg, just found one of my Rotherhithe Dixons!!! Woo hoo, this is great.
      Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 24-02-08, 19:26.

Comment

Oh, its limited me to 4 look ups until Ive registered. Ive done that but not received my log on confirmation :( How long does that take please?

Comment

I got my log-in info immediately Heather. How frustrating for you when you've found something for your family.

I've been looking for all my London families but haven't found anyone of mine. Don't know whether to be glad or sorry. I've been side-tracked into looking at all the results that come up, whether they are mine or not and some of them are so sad, especially if there are case notes.Starvation, poisoning,unmentionable diseases they can only have inherited from parents - it's terrible so, from that pount of view, I'm glad I can't find nay rellies.

It's a fascinating site but it really brings home to you how bad conditions were.

Ann
          ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
          Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Heather
            I have just registered and got my confirmation straight away

Comment

Oh dear, thats not fair, what with my ancestry not working aswell.
              Ive found one of my Cheal's - he has rickets.

Comment

Thanks for that Ann, didn't find anyone but have enjoyed several hours on there - fascinating!
                ;) Helen x

Comment

Ooooh, there's one of mine there! Possibly two. Just waiting to register.

OC

Comment

Thank You

I have just found one of mine on there
                    Rosi

We are the famous CFC

Comment

I'm still waiting for my confirmation, perhaps everyone is registering at once.

Comment

I'm still waiting for mine, too!

OC

Comment

I registered and got my email almost immediately, took about 30 seconds .
                          Found a poor little baby admitted at 7 months and died pretty quickly of congenital syphillis

Comment

My email was waiting in the time it took me to flip screens. Must just depend on the timing.
                            Kit

Comment

This website was pointed out before, and quite a few of us used it, but you didn't have to register then.

It must have got very popular.
                              Elizabeth
                              Research Interests:
                              England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                              Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Sorry - ignore that!

I have found that I was already registered and they have sent me a new password - within seconds!
                                Elizabeth
                                Research Interests:
                                England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                                Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Working...
                                X